I am so excited about my upcoming weekends that I can hardly stand it! Tomorrow I'm off for yet another ski weekend - this time in Arizona. I can just see the perplexed looks on your faces right now...Arizona??? Yep! Flagstaff has a ton of snow right now! The picture above was taken by my friend Jordan just a little over a week ago. Would you ever even guess that's Arizona? I know I wouldn't...but ohhh, it makes me excited!! My brother and sister-in-law have friends that own a large vacation home in Flagstaff and were kind enough to let us have it for the weekend - so we are going to live large and ski to our heart's content! Between getting to see my nieces and nephew, family & friends, and of course, skiing...well, my anticipation is not hard to explain :). Oh, and an added bonus, I have a layover in Denver tomorrow. Weird to be excited about a layover, I know, but not only do I love Denver, I love the Denver airport too. Doesn't take much to get me excited :).Onto the following weekend!
Next Saturday a group of us are loading up our cars and heading over to Fall Creek Falls to spend the weekend camping, hiking and fishing! I am so freakin' excited!!! Camping is by far one of my favorite things to do - I would go every weekend if I could - and I haven't fished in so long that I cannot wait! Our family used to have a house on Lake Panorama when I was younger and spent many many weekends swimming, boating, and sitting on the edge of the lake with our fishing poles in the water. I remember loving my "Trish-size" fishing pole that my parents had bought for me. I will say that as much as I loved catching fish, I didn't like seeing them injured, so I always made my dad throw it back in for me. That hasn't really changed...I'll still be catching and releasing...but I mean that in terms of sending the fish back to its home :).
It would be sad if that was the end of my weekend events...but of course it's not! The next weekend is my company's annual Youth Evangelism Conference that I volunteer at every year and always look forward to. The weekend after that is my final ski trip up to Breckenridge in Colorado. It's been an epic season for me - 5 mountains over 4 months...not much for the avid skier, but not too shabby for a girl that lives in Tennessee.

No comments:
Post a Comment