1.22.2009

Thankful

Monday was my birthday. Most people that know me know I'm not a big fan of birthdays...and to be honest, I'm not sure why. Normally I plan a trip for my birthday so I can just get away and not really dwell on it, but this year I ended up staying in town and you know what? It was a really great weekend. My mom drove over on Friday and spent the evening/day with me - going out to dinner, talking until the late hours of the night, dreaming about the future with me (I'll fill you in on that in another post) and running around a bit shopping (at REI of course!). Saturday night I babysat for my favorite little girls and Sunday I enjoyed the afternoon/evening hanging out with my roommate, cooking and watching movies. I have to insert here that my roommate has got to be one of the most thoughtful people! She contacted my girlfriends and pooled together to get me an amazing gift, then she called my favorite bakery and had them make these amazing chocolate-chess bars for my "birthday cake" (seriously, they were sooo good!). Then, I can't forget to give a shoutout to my good friend Stacey for all that she did to coordinate an amazing dinner with friends at Sambuca on Monday night! There were so many people that were not able to make it and I know she spent a lot of time emailing, making phone calls and texting and I am beyond appreciative for all that she put into it! We had an amazing time...enjoying the live jazz band, eating amazing food, taking pictures and laughing a lot! The best part of the night was when my friend Manny asked everyone to go around the table and share stories & memories that they had with me and the ways that I "inspire" them. I mean, seriously, could anything touch your heart more? I walked away feeling so loved & valued...it was more than I could have asked for. I would post pictures from the night (and yes, I know this is stupid), but I wore red lipstick that night and everytime I look at the pictures I feel like a clown...so I don't really feel like posting them. I know, I know...it's petty, but oh well...lesson learned. On top of all that I got text messages, emails, phone calls from my parents, all of my brothers, and even a birthday song from both my niece and nephew. So, all that to say, I had a great birthday and I believe that it's just a taste of all that this year has in store!

Last night was an exciting night as well being that my favorite show (and honestly the only one I've ever followed) was back on! LOST! I used to have huge LOST parties at my house - one time with 20+ people piled in my living room! I have now passed on the honor to Jon & Bethany...and I have to admit, it's kinda nice to just be able to show up and leave and not have to get the house ready or clean up afterwards. The 2-hour season premiere was soo good and just built my anticipation for the rest of the season. Looking forward to many more Wednesday nights piled on the couch with good friends :).

Tonight, however, I'm just looking forward to relaxing. I worked all day/evening Tuesday and a long day yesterday in order to get a 24-page book off to print. I was disappointed I missed young adult group Tuesday night because of it, but thankfully there's always next week...and the week after that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...