
Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus...and it definitely lives up to its name, so if you don't like spicy food, this is not for you! I prefer to eat it with some toasted whole wheat flat bread...mmm! Definitely one of my favorite healthy snacks right now.
I'm also really into making my own "fruit & yogurt" parfaits since it's one of my favorite $1 treats from McD's. My favorite yogurt is Yoplait's YoPlus yogurt. It is not only delicious, but it has 3g of fiber in each cup. Anyhow, I take the 4oz. cup of the vanilla, add 1/4c. fresh strawberries and 1/4 lowfat granola and it's a delicious dessert for 215 calories, 3g of fat, 6g of protein and about 7g of fiber! It would be even healthier if you made your own granola, but right now I'm going for convenience.
My final recommendation is to check out the Men's Health website Eat This Not That. It is from a book that you can also purchase at your local bookstore. It is very informative on what your best options are whether it be grocery shopping, eating out, feeding your child, etc. Check it out!
And last, but not least...music. I'm going to vent for just 2 seconds. I live in Nashville, TN - the Christian music capitol. So, you'd think that we would have the best Christian radio stations around, but alas, even the options that we do have seem to play a mix of music - mostly overplayed & outdated. I'm very aware that there are a lot of new artists out there with great new music coming out on a daily basis - but wouldn't it be nice to be able to enjoy discovering them while listening to the radio rather than searching for them? All day today my coworker and I have been trying the Christian radio stations on iTunes, but still haven't had much luck finding something that plays new music. So, anyway, when it comes to the Christian music, I think I'll just stick to doing my own searching and purchasing CDs. Which, speaking of, I am enjoying Big Daddy Weave's newest CD right now "What Life Would Be Like". In fact, if you're listening to the player on my page right now it's playing the title track. Definitely a song that is speaking to me right now.
In secular music, I've really been enjoying 2 different CDs as of late. The first is Toby Lightman's newest CD (released this summer) titled, "Let Go". I've always been a fan of her voice and musical style. Check her out if you haven't already, I think you'll really like her.
The second album may be a little more surprising to some of you, but frankly, it surprised me when I listened to it - which is exactly why I bought it! Pink's new CD, "Funhouse" (the clean version, mind you). Not only does it have your typical rock songs that Pink is known for, but it also has some beautiful ballads that really showcase her voice (I Don't Believe You, Glitter in the Air). I always knew she could sing, but this album definitely impressed me even further.Alright, well that's it for today's endorsements! Hope you're having a great Tuesday!

2 comments:
1) tried the mellow mushroom hummus...love it!
2) Yo Plus is also my favorite yogurt and a fan favorite with the teachers I work with
3) We have the book, Eat This not That and it certainly makes eating out easier!
i went to a focus group for sabra hummus..........there also coming out with a line of ready to go crab dip...i'll stick with the hummus :)
Post a Comment