1.28.2009

25 Random Things About Me

This is a tag floating around facebook constantly the past week...so I'm finally caving and going to give it a shot.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you. (sidenote: not into tagging...so again, feel free to copy/paste this onto your blog if you like!)

1. I love green. I love green more than you're allowed to love a color, but in order to not be overly biased, I embrace a variety of colors and try not to limit myself. Except purple. I'm still working on that one.

2. If I were completely irresponsible (which most often I really want to be), I would spend all of my money - savings, retirement, piggy bank, you name it - on outdoor gear and apparel.

3. I "preheat" my bed at night. I put an electric blanket underneath my fitted sheet, and I turn it on while I'm getting ready for bed so it's nice-n-toasty when I crawl under the covers. You really should try it.

4. I'm incredibly forgetful in ways that matter (appointments, meetings, etc.), and remember things that are not important (what someone was wearing when I met them 15 years ago).

5. I love spicy food.

6. I love things that match.

7. I miss the days before technology - which is ironic considering my work depends on it. In many ways I liked it better the way it used to be.

8. I miss college. I really, really loved it.

9. I think breakfast tastes better if someone else makes it for you.

10. I love helping people. I love being given a problem/task and helping find a solution - even if it's just trying to find the best deal on an item they want to purchase.

11. I buy birthday cards for people and often forget to give it to them. This goes back to item #4.
I keep finding cards in drawers and wondering who it was originally meant for. It's tragic - most of them are really funny!

12. I think my heart moves faster than my brain. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

13. When I was a little girl, my mom had to keep explaining to me why I couldn't just take off my shirt and run around outside with my brothers.

14. I love to do numerous activities - most of which I'm terrible at, but if life is about being the best - I missed that memo. The sticky note on my desk just said "try it all and have fun!"

15. I have cinematic dreams in full color every night. It's no wonder I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning.

16. I love cars but I don't like driving. I'd prefer to be the passenger in charge of the roadtrip playlist.

17. I love making playlists! For everything!

18. I'm trying really hard this year to say every nice thought I have about a person to that person.

19. I've had stitches twice - separate occasions, same location (chin).

20. Sometimes when I travel and the person next to me strikes up a conversation, I make up a fantastical story about my life (i.e. my grandfather was one of the co-developers of Yahoo, so I'm for the most part independently wealthy and spend most of my time traveling, etc.). I know, I know...it's terrible...

21. When I hiccup it sounds like someone is punching me in the stomach. People start laughing, which makes me laugh - and let me tell you, laughing while hiccuping really hurts!

22. I wanted to be Sandi Patti when I grew up. Yeah.....moving on....

23. I still believe most people could do my job better than I can, but most days I'm grateful I get to do it anyway.

24. I hope to have my MFA and be teaching by the time I'm 35. We'll see...

25. I love thai food.

The end.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...