12.24.2008

Having a bad day... :-(

I am sitting in a beautiful house in Salt Lake City, Utah - with the mountains right outside my window and snow covering everything, so I shouldn't be having a bad day...but I am! Okay, not a REALLY bad day, but it's CLEAR outside...not snowing like crazy...therefore I should be skiing!!! Nathan & Bryce are out on the slopes right now and just knowing that they are going to come back and talk about the epic day that they had is just going to be pure torture. So why am I not out on the slopes WITH them? Well, they are a little more "extreme" in their run choice and skill level...and I enjoy skiing when it's just long, graceful runs...not steep, steep, steep. I could have gone with them and skied by myself...which is somewhat tempting due to the gorgeous weather, but half of what I enjoy about skiing is going with a friend and talking as we ride up the lift together (since it's usually a pretty long ride when you're going up a mountain!), and meeting up again at the bottom every time - or taking a break together in the lodge, drinking hot cocoa to warm up before we head back out again. Sigh. It just wasn't meant to be today. Ryan had to fly back to run the Christmas Eve service at their church, Mom has been watching the kids all week so dad took her to downtown Salt Lake to get out of the house and enjoy the city, and Cheri is at the house watching the kids and I'm hanging out with her. I'm sure we'll take the kids sledding and have an incredibly fun day regardless...but I'm mourning the fact that yesterday was my last day of skiing (unless God grants me a miracle and the "100% chance of snow" weather forecast for tomorrow changes). Can't believe we're only here for a day and a half more...time definitely flies when you're having fun - especially fun in the snow. :-)

1 comment:

all up in each others bizness said...

hugs,hope the sledding is a hidden blessing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...