12.06.2008
Choosing...and waiting
I believe that every day you get to choose. You wake up, you may feel a certain way instantaneously, but that is not your default choice - you still get to choose your day. You can choose to be cranky, you can choose to be frustrated, you can choose to dwell on a lot of things or you can choose to embrace your day, enjoy it, laugh as much as possible and go to sleep at night with a smile on your face, refreshed. Granted, I know where my joy comes from and it's definitely not from circumstance but absolutely from the Lord. Circumstances can certainly affect my happiness, but I am thankful that joy is so much greater than happiness - which, for that reason, is what I'd rather have! Yes, I am ready to move on to a new city, ready to make new friends, ready to start a new job (which, sidenote, there is something potentially in the works - so pray!) and more than anything - a new chapter. I think so many times in life we are in the midst of one book and sometimes God just says - it's time to close that one for now and put it back on the shelf...to be finished later...this is the one I want you to open and begin now. I'll be honest, it's hard not to be impatient when I feel in many ways that I've closed the book and am ready for a new one...but the fact is, God hasn't showed me what book comes next, so I'll continue to trust Him...and wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment