11.03.2008

Old Year Resolutions

This year I'm making Old Year resolutions rather than New Year. Okay, so I never really make NY resolutions to begin with, but I'm thinking I'm going to be a big fan of Old Year ones. I can just see most of you right now, shaking your heads and thinking, "What has Trish come up with this time?!" Just stick with me for a second. You see, about this time every year I start thinking about the fact that the year flew by faster than I expected, the holidays are coming up entirely too quickly, and somehow I'm still stuck in January wondering where on earth time went and how we went through 10 months so fast! I think about all the "curiousities" I had going into the year, always wondering how it will look when all is said and done...how much my life will have changed...how many expected and unexpected things will occur...how much will I accomplish and how much I wish I would have accomplished, and so on and so forth. SO, I'm officially making November/December my "finish well" months. I'm going to be dedicated to working out and eating healthy (because seriously, with the holidays approaching, it's detrimental if I let it all slide now!), finish projects that I've intended to accomplish all year long (uh, the garage for starters), spend time with people I haven't spent enough time with (although not always in my control), do some random acts of kindness or buy gifts for people that I just feel like blessing for no reason, cook more (I've gotten lazy), finish several books that I began reading earlier in the year, and the list goes on and on. So, be it strange to celebrate the "Old Year", maybe you have things you wish you would have accomplished too...the year isn't over yet, so get going!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...