Wednesday night Ryan scored us some amazing seats to the Coldplay concert here in Phoenix. It was the last concert of their American tour, so I'm really glad I got to see them! The show was absolutely amazing...and I was there with 2 of my brothers, Cheri, and some other peeps - Ryan's friends Jeff, Dan & Megan and two of Nathan's friends. We started off the evening meeting up at Jeff's house to eat some dinner and hang out before heading to the show. I will say that it was fun and yet awkward as one of the guys was "hitting" on me...and I'll be honest, I don't even know what to do with that. I made it very clear that I did not reciprocate...and it just made me uncomfortable. Add the rest of the group giving me a hard time about it the rest of the night....it was just weird and made me thankful that I'm not in situations where that happens very often. Anyhow, we hung out a bit after the show, laughed a lot and eventually called it a night.Thursday morning I got up, finished cooking and showered before my parents arrived. I am pretty proud to say that I cooked all of Thanksgiving dinner this year for 11 people (3 of those were kiddos of course). We do turkey breasts rather than a whole turkey, so I made a great rub & marinade for those, green bean casserole (non-traditional recipe), creamy garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, corn pudding, stuffing, strawberry pretzel salad (our replacement to the traditional cranberry salad) and then the 3 pies - upside down caramel apple, oatmeal pecan and double layer pumpkin. I have to say that I really enjoyed all of it because I don't have opportunities to cook all that often so it didn't seem like work at all. After dinner my parents graciously offered to clean up, so the rest of us piled on chairs and couches and watched football...various people falling in and out of sleep. Later that night we hooked up my Wii and let Will & Lauren have at it - which was pretty hilarious to watch! I think they had a good time.
Today I made a big pot of tomato basil soup before heading out to run some errands with Cheri. We bought her some cute clothes and a new swimsuit (they leave for the Bahamas tomorrow), did some grocery shopping and then chopped off her hair! Cheri hasn't had "short" hair pretty much ever. The shortest it has ever been is to her shoulders. I'm really proud of her for finally giving in considering it took me near 6 months to convince her to do it. I'll try to post a picture later, but it's very similar to Jenny McCarthy's hair and looks ridiculously cute on her! As if she wasn't already hot before - she most certainly is now :). We got back in time to eat dinner with the fam before heading to the Zoolights. It was an insane amount of people, but other than that it was great. The kiddos took a ride on the carousel and I took some pictures. I think everyone had a great time.
So, that's it for my time here! I take off at 4:00 tomorrow and head home. I've had a great time, but I'm ready to be back in my own bed. Isn't that always how it goes? My plan is to decorate for Christmas on Sunday, but at this point...I'm thinking a long Sunday afternoon nap on the couch is sounding much more appealing....we'll see...

No comments:
Post a Comment