Sigh....I should be in bed right now, but I had sweet tea for dinner and I'm pretty sure that kind of caffeine outlasts any other for me. Wish I would have thought that through when I was drinking it, although pretty sure it wouldn't have stopped me :).
Today was a pretty great day. Work was work, drama included (gotta keep things lively!), but ultimately pretty chill. It started out pretty sweet when I realized my gas light was on and I left my wallet sitting on my desk the day before. Thankfully a friend/co-worker came to the rescue and was able to bring my wallet to me. What can I say? Everyone has their blonde moments.
It's been raining all day today, which is pretty fantastic considering it hasn't rained for 32 days straight. I personally did not keep track (I only say that because some people wouldn't have been surprised if I had), but they pointed it out on the radio and I was shocked it had been that long. Glad I got my bike ride in on Monday, but cannot complain about the rain today. I love the sound, the smell and, let's face it, rain is just fun :). I needed a quick mid-day escape, so I drove over to a friends house and enjoyed some tomato soup over my lunch break (perfect for a rainy day - could have only been better with grilled cheese sandwiches, friends, pajamas and a movie).
I left work and headed for the gym, but got a chance to catch up with my sis-in-law over the phone on the way. I didn't grow up with any sisters, which, I'll be honest, I never minded because growing up with 3 brothers has always made life interesting :), but gaining one through marriage has definitely made life better - mostly because Ryan picked a keeper :). Love you Cheri!
I met Stacey at the gym and we started our workout with some rock climbing. Seriously one of my favorite things - but it's a pretty love/hate relationship. I'm actually pretty freaked by heights (which irritates me, but what do you do??), so the higher the climb, the more nervous I become - even strapped into my harness! It's a fantastic adrenaline rush - and an incredible feeling of accomplishment every time, and something I look forward to with intimidation every week :). After that we did a circuit training of sit-ups, bosu jumps, lunges and push-ups/bar lifts. Pretty sure my body might hate me in the morning, but it felt great. We took a quick lap around the gym to stretch out before we left - then headed out for a light dinner outside while the rain was tapering off.
I've spent the rest of the evening on the couch, fast-forwarding through a few shows I tivo'd and chatting with a good friend of mine in Australia. I know I should hit the sack soon, but I think I'm in denial of the fact that it's staff-meeting tomorrow. I'm thinking falling asleep during staff meeting would not be helpful though, so I'm going to finish this up and head to bed. Goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I miss you Trish. Where have you gone?
Post a Comment