Right now I'm sitting in my uncle's loft in New York City, finishing packing and getting ready to head to Penn Station in just a few minutes. We have had a great time, and for the most part, amazing weather!
Thursday night we flew in and arrived at the loft very late, but with enough adrenaline & excitement to keep us wide awake :). Finally we crashed and Lindsey woke up early to head to Long Island to visit her grandpa. I slept in, took my time getting ready, walked over to Cafe Grumpy to get some coffee and headed up to the rooftop patio to check out the amazing views of the city. When Lindsey got back, we quickly turned around and headed back out the door to do some power shopping (in the rain - booo!). We started at the Yankees store, purchasing tshirts to wear at the game later that night. We made a quick stop for some NY pizza at a cafe and moved on to Canal Street. It's always an interesting mix of secret rooms, secret cars, and if you're lucky - a secret "mega-room". I love bartering and finding stuff for friends. I actually walked away without purchasing a purse for myself this time, but got some others for friends that had sent money with me. After we were thoroughly soaked, we made our way back to the loft to change clothes and head up to Yankee stadium. We got there and waited for a while for the game to start (in our ponchos!) when they sadly announced that the game was going to postponed for the next night. So, disappointedly, we headed back to the loft, picked up some wine & cheese and changed into pj's before heading to the roof to enjoy the rest of the evening. By then it was nothing more than a light mist (meaning they could have played...but oh well).
Saturday we slept in a bit and I checked craigslist here to just see if there was any chance we could get tix to the Yankees game at 1:05. We had tickets already to the Mets, but my trip was more for the Yankees than anything, and although I wanted to get to both stadiums, if I was having to choose, it was Yankees hands-down. We found a girl selling her seats, so we made a long trip north to pick them up and headed back to Yankee stadium. Saturday was gorgeous fall weather, so it was the perfect afternoon for a baseball game. The Yankees lost, but we still had an amazing time and I can't wait to go back to another game. We stopped at Roxy's on Times Square for some grub on our way back - and let me tell you - in all my times in NYC, I have never witnessed so many people in Times Square at once - it was insane! We made our way out of the crowds and headed back to the loft to chill for about an hour before changing clothes and heading back for Legally Blonde on broadway. It was so well done, very cute and entertaining. It felt good to just sit and be entertained and it was such a fun show! We ended the night with a stop at Serendipity3 for some ice cream and hot cocoa. The wait wasn't too bad, especially considering it was in the 70's with a light breeze and pretty much the perfect night to sit outside and just enjoy the city.
This morning we slept in again and began packing back up. Hard to believe the weekend is over already, but that's how it goes in NYC - fast. Lindsey is back at Times Square for Broadway on Broadway (I chose to stay back at the loft - not interested in fighting those crowds again...and expecting it's probably going to be worse today than it was yesterday). She's meeting me back here before we take off to meet my uncle at the Philly station before our flight. It has been the perfect weekend (aside from the Yankees rainout - although we made up for it!), thanks mostly to my uncle for his generosity in letting us stay in his fantastic loft. Can't wait for my next visit!!
Oh, and I apologize for not having any pictures - I actually didn't take a single one! Sorry! I was just enjoying my time too much to even think about it :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment