9.09.2008

Counting Down...

Well, first off, I listed my house with my realtor last night. It's a bittersweet feeling because I think there is always going to be a part of me that is NOT excited about selling the house. I'm ready to leave, but not ready to let go of the house. I waited for it for so long, dreamed of all the things I wanted to do to it (which only 1/4 of those things have been accomplished), thought ahead to decorating for Christmas (which I've only gotten to do once in the past 3 years due to a kitchen remodel and move 2 out of those 3), and looked forward to hosting many parties there. When it comes down to it though, it's just a house and I have many more years ahead of me to do it all over again. Doesn't mean I'm not going to miss it just a little bit...and maybe cry when it sells... :) The best part of it all is that I know when God is ready for me to go, he will bring the right buyer and everything will fall so simply into place, which makes me much more at peace (and a little bit less impatient...not completely, but a little bit :)).

Now moving onto the really exciting news...I fly out to NYC in 2 days and 7 hours! I cannot wait!! I love New York City and even though I was just there in January, that seems like an eternity ago. I always get so excited for trips, and at the same time I can sometimes get a little bummed before I even leave that it's going to be over so soon. The best part about this trip is that as soon as I return from NYC I have the next weekend of camping & whitewater rafting to look forward to, so it will make my return just as exciting as my departure :).

Alright, just got called into a meeting so I need to head out. Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...