8.18.2008

Weekend Highlights

Holy cow - what a weekend! I feel like I'm always trying to convey how much I feel the need to just embrace every moment I am given. It's probably me being a girl and entirely too sentimental, but I also just love life and want to thoroughly enjoy ALL of it! Well, this weekend was a weekend where I didn't feel even one moment was wasted...

Friday night I enjoyed an AMAZING preseason Titans game with one of my friends. We laughed as we observed the people and shared a glorious bag of cotton candy (I must say, the kid in me still loves the fluffy, sticky sweetness), and stood up cheering, screaming and whistling as the Titans kicked a field goal to win the game with only 2 seconds remaining! It was the perfect August night for a football game, and great company and an exciting ending made it even better!




Saturday I woke up, threw on some clothes and a baseball cap and met my girlfriends for a late breakfast (meaning that I got to sleep in - glorious!!!). After we parted ways, I ran a few errands and got home in time to jump in the shower and get ready for the wedding. Man-oh-man did we have a great time! The wedding ceremony was beautiful (and beautiful doesn't even describe how amazing Ferris looked!), but of course the best part was the DANCING! I can't even tell you how much my calves hurt today! I can barely walk up/down the stairs! It is hilarious!!! I danced from beginning to end (as always!) and had the BEST time! I think it's years of no-dancing-allowed built up into an explosion of craziness :). Now, this in no way means I actually know HOW to dance, but I thoroughly enjoy trying! My favorite dance song (among many, but the one that I just get SO excited about...) is Summer of '69. When the song starts, I just can't help but scream like I'm 13 :).




After the wedding I got a chance to catch up with a few people before taking off for dinner at Bosco's with some girlfriends. We sat and ate and talked until well into the evening (and saw all of the bridesmaids come in not too long after us - Bosco's is the hotspot these days!) and finally said goodnight.

Sunday Katie & I met up and went to church together and enjoyed lunch after as well. We went straight to the pool after lunch where Stacey met up with us to enjoy a beautiful, sunny, Sunday afternoon. We went our separate ways later in the evening and met up at Dan McGuinness for one last get-together before the weekend was over. It was a beautiful night, so we sat outside for probably close to 3 hours just talking and laughing...lots and lots of laughing :).

3 comments:

Beth said...

Also danced my butt off at a wedding this weekend. I like Summer of 69', Superfreak, Billy Jean, and others. Good times.

Erin said...

So glad you had a great time this weekend. Yours are always jammed packed! Love it :)

Beth said...

Also, Chip and I are headed to a Titans/Bears game in early November in Chicago. Chip gets to go to two more too! Lucky bum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...