8.27.2008

Swimmin' like a fish

Last night I had my first "swim lesson". Sounds kinda juvenile, I know, but even though I was on swim team growing up, I was well aware that my form was in need of some fine-tuning...so Julie & I signed up for private swim lessons. Well, yesterday was a crappy day to say the least (just a slight bit overwhelmed at work), so the last thing I wanted to do was go to swim lessons and get yelled at for being a terrible swimmer. Thankfully, that was not the case. Our instructor was incredibly sweet and after she had us show her our form, laughed and said, "You guys act like I'm going to just tear into you, but you're both really good! The things that you do right are the hard things to teach. The things that you need to work on are the easy-fixes." Well, after 45 minutes or so, I felt like I could swim miles! She gave us tips that made the effort half as much but the distance twice as far. I had so much fun that I can't wait to get back in the pool and practice my new "moves" :).

After lessons I was supposed to meet the girls for movie-night, but Katie had to work late, so Stacey & I met up for dinner, which was a lot of fun. I got home, talked to a friend on the phone for a while and crashed. I have been sleeping like a brick the past few nights - which has contributed to some less than timely mornings (and the need for coffee :)), but nothing too terrible.

I'm looking forward to a lazy night tonight! I haven't been home for an entire evening in...well...a LONG time! Wednesdays are our "free" nights as far as tri training goes, so I'm looking forward to putting on my comfies and lounging on the couch as soon as I get home until I go to bed. Yes, I need to clean, do laundry, etc., etc., etc...eh, they can wait :).

If you want to see the professional pics of our whitewater rafting adventure, click here and type in Dobbs. They will probably go away after a week or so - check 'em out while you can!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...