8.08.2008

Random Mix of Things

First off, I've been getting pretty bad at my "music recommendations", so I'm taking care of that before I go into anything else. Today I've been listening to Missy Higgins and it's just suiting my blissful-chill state. She has several albums and a lot of songs and I just really enjoy her voice and musical style.

Speaking of music, I would love to know if over all the weeks/months/years of recommending music, if there's ever a time that I recommend something that the handful of people that read this blog actually check out and think - wow! I love that - thanks for passing it along! Feedback is always nice ya know :).

I've really enjoyed this week - it's just been good in many many ways. My favorite part of the week was a visit from my older brother. He was supposed to fly in last night and leave this morning, but his meetings in Pittsburgh tied up quicker than he expected, so he got an earlier flight in on Wednesday. We went to Bosco's after I picked him up from the airport and talked for a long time there - and continued on that conversation until well after midnight when we returned to my place.

Yesterday I took off for work and let Ryan sleep in. I made him our grandma's famous heath bar coffee cake for breakfast and left him my car for the day. He was able to golf 36 holes at Legend's, which he thoroughly enjoyed. We met up after work back at my place and chilled for a bit before heading to Salt Grass for some steak & wine (mmm!). From there we took off for the airport to pick up his rental car that was originally scheduled with his first flight. The IMAX is out by the airport, so I suggested that we catch the late showing of The Dark Knight one more time (for me at least - he hadn't seen it yet) while we were out that direction. Ryan was more than happy to go along with the idea! I loved it even more the second time, and I'm pretty sure Ryan was not disappointed in the least. We got home around 1am and continued talking until after 2 before calling it a night. I took the morning off and slept in a bit. I enjoyed a quick Starbucks run with Ryan before he had to take off and am now at the office for the rest of the afternoon. I love that I feel like I just had a great weekend - and I haven't even started it! Pretty sure it will involve a variety of activities and laziness as well. Definitely going to make a few visits to the pool and am looking forward to getting together with a few of my girlfriends over the next few days as well.

Alright, I have a few things I need to finish up before I head home. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...