7.30.2008

Salt Lake City Here I Come!

Okay, so I know that Christmas is still a little less than 5 months away, but I've been thinking about it ever since we made our lodging reservation last Christmas. So, I've been slowly collecting all my "gear" (I know, any excuse right?) and today I added another item to my ski gear that I'm pretty excited about. I ordered some Spy ski goggles that retail for $80, but I was able to get them for $28! Needless to say, I was excited. Now I'm just down to needing ski pants and gloves and I'm all set! I also booked my flight today to SLC and got another amazing deal considering that it's a Christmas flight and gas prices are what they are. I'm pretty confident I will be in Denver much before Christmas, so I went ahead and booked my flight from Denver, which worked out great since my parents fly through there and I was able to get on both of their flights. I know it's about 105 degrees out today, so dreaming about skiing may seem a bit crazy, but maybe that's my mental escape from the humidity that awaits me outside.

In other "gear" news, my Big Agnes camping pad arrived today and of course I opened it, inflated it in my office and proceeded to test it out. Thankfully no one walked in to find my lying on the floor of my office on an air mattress of sorts. Although, let's be honest, it probably wouldn't have surprised anyone either.

So, today has definitely been a much better day than yesterday, although not surprising. I don't have crabby days all that often and I hope it stays that way. I also woke up knowing that tonight I would be swimming, running and rock climbing - which gave me a lot to look forward to (and yet at the same time, a bit daunting). I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow. All I can say is that I hope by the time I get to the rock climbing, my arms are not complete jello. :)

2 days and 3.5 hours until Dave Matthews Band! Can't wait!

2 comments:

Erin said...

How fun about your trip to Salt Lake City! So fun. I Love all your new gear!!!!! :) Have fun at DMB!

Boswell said...

Hey, Just realized that I forgot to add you as a link on my blog when I re-did the template. Sorry. You are back on there now. For shizzy, you update more than anyone, so I HAVE to have my good friend Trishy on my links list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...