7.23.2008

Clap on / Clap off!

Do you ever wish you had an on/off switch for your brain? I know that sounds like such a strange wish, but it's one that I have quite often. I am a habitual "over-thinker". I have more of analytical mind than would be helpful to most anyone, and I drive myself crazy sometimes. In fact, I think if I'm ever stressed...it's typically my own doing - by taking something that should be oh-so-simple and way over-thinking it. Just another one of my many flaws that make me so incredibly human. :)

It is Wednesday...and it has taken 8 weeks to get from Monday to Wednesday I swear. This is the slowest week ever (my boss agrees). I feel like I keep waking up thinking certainly it's the weekend...but not quite. Tonight I have to run & swim to keep up with the tri training, and although right now I'd prefer a nap, I know I'll be glad I did it once it's over. Right now my entire upper body is a bit stiff from rock climbing on Monday, so that should make it interesting - particularly the swimming portion. I'm hoping that the weather cooperates and I can do some biking/camping this weekend...but at this point the forecast is not looking to be in my favor. What is my luck with that?! Ugh. Just makes Colorado beckon me even more...

Which, speaking of CO, I've applied for several jobs and will just wait to see what happens. I need to get a few more things in order to take pics of my place and get it "listed" for sale. That's the plan for the weekend. I'm itching to go...and am trying not to be overly anxious. As excited as I am, I know that when I get there I will miss the familiarity of the life I have known. It will be worth it though - as I know it's where I'm meant to be. I am trusting the Lord that all the pieces will fall into place and everything will happen in His perfect timing. So exciting when things are a story in-the-making. I can't wait to look back on this time and tell you how everything came together!

Well, as has been the case ever since I returned from vacay (man, it's been REALLY hard to get back in the work "groove"!), I'm procrastinating. I better get back to it...the day is almost done. Hope you're enjoying your mid-week madness! ;)

4 comments:

Erin said...

seriously, wouldn't it be nice if we could switch our brain on and off!!!

all up in each others bizness said...

that would make 6 of us class of 98's out here,lol

i hope if and when you do move you will get together with me for some good times!

Trish said...

Of course, Alyce! We will go rock climbing as soon as I arrive ;). You know I'll be calling you when I get there!

all up in each others bizness said...

i'm in.....but my butts not,lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...