My life has been "interesting" (for lack of a better word) the past week. I would go into details, but I don't share everything on my blog, sorry :). So, that's the reason for my absence...
In other news, I'm pretty excited about this weekend. First, my parents are coming for the first time since I moved into the new place, and my mom is bringing my "custom-designed" drapes that I have been dying to see hanging up. Maybe, just MAYBE I'll post pictures of my place once we hang them. Second, 2 amazing movies come out this weekend! The first, Mama Mia, is one of my favorite Broadway shows, so I'm hoping it does not disappoint. The second (and most exciting!) is The Dark Knight! I loved the last Batman and am pretty sure this one looks to be pretty amazing. A group of us are going to see it at the IMAX, so it should make for an even better movie-going experience.
Right now I'm sitting on a "fort" of sorts in my living room! A friend & I made it out of all the couch cushions, bedding, pillows, etc. I know, it's pretty kid-like, but seriously, so much fun! I'm getting ready to dive into a book called "The 4-Hour Workweek" (escape 9-5, live anywhere and join the new rich). A friend highly recommended it, and while it would not normally be my book subject of choice, I typically will not say no to something that comes highly recommended, so I'm going to check it out and see what it's all about! I will keep you posted.
Oh, and one last thing worth noting. I shot a gun yesterday. Yes, that's right, I'm a girl with a gun. Okay, well, not technically since the gun wasn't mine, but I will say that although I don't really have any interest in owning a gun, I would definitely do the shooting range again...it was a lot of fun. My first shot from each mag was pretty good...after that...i guess accuracy went out the window. One gentleman there said that the first shot is the one that counts, so if that's the case, I'm good-to-go! Oh, and at one point a casing flew down my shirt - which was HOT! Woowee! Pretty funny though, that's for sure.
Alright, well, back to my fort and book :). Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Enjoy your "fort." In case you haven't noticed, I can access your blog right now so I'm leaving comments galore! I wish I was there to chill in the fort. We could drink ginger tea, eat chocolate crinkles, and maybe even make caramel chex mix. No wait, we're not allowed to make caramel chex mix alone again! Ooh and we could watch Lucky Seven! Love you and miss you girl!
TRISH,
i noticed your absence and prayed you were ok :)
your still making that caramel chex mix eh???lol
Aly
Post a Comment