Today was one for me! I slept in (much needed after returning from vacay, staying up entirely too late, and...I just like to sleep!), showered and headed to Spring Hill to meet Bethany for some swim & chat. The last time we got together I completely hogged the conversation, so today was time to catch up on her! I enjoyed getting caught up on her life while soaking in the sun - although I may have soaked up more sun than I bargained for. Ah well, thankfully my skin likes the sun (even though I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a wrinkled mess in 30 years!) and tends to recover quickly. After we said goodbye, I headed back home and changed clothes just in time for my dear friend Merari to arrive for more hang-out time. We haven't seen each other in several weeks, so we had a lot to talk about - and neither one of us ever lacks for words :). Around 8:00 I realized I was quite seriously hungry, so we took a quick trip over to Blue Coast Burrito and ate outside as we watched the storm roll in. Have I ever said how much I LOVE thunderstorms?! Seriously, one of my favorite things God put in nature aside from trees & leaves. So now, I'm sitting on the couch, lights off, just enjoying the lightening and thunder. I may put in a movie and fall asleep on the couch...ending the day as perfectly as it started.
Now if I could just find some peeps for an afternoon of sand volleyball tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
sounds like you had a great day!!! :) you should be here for the afternoon storms. they are like nothing i have ever seen - lightening like crazy!!!!! love it :) well, when i am inside!
I'm so glad that you had a blissful Saturday, but can I just tell you that you were missed, dear friend, at our reunion! I kept thinking about how much I wished you were there, but I know it wasn't feasible right now. Thanks for the sweet update you sent...which made everyone's "plain" updates look ridiculous!! You are the best and we all missed you very much. I hope you had a great weekend!!
I just tagged you! Check out my site for what to do!:-)
Miss you!
www.jessicasheets.com
Post a Comment