
Friday was a beautiful day, so my roommate & I (we work for the same company) took off early and headed to downtown Franklin to my favorite store (next to REI), Bink's Outfitters. We wandered the store for probably close to an hour, trying on everything in site (and adding a ridiculous amount of stuff to my gear "wish list") before leaving with one purchase each (mine a North Face shoulder bag, Julie a fantastic sweater that I talked her into buying - it looked so good on her! :)). We stopped at the 5-points Starbucks for a quick drink before Julie took off for dinner & a movie with some friends and I waited for Stacey to arrive. She met me downtown and we shopped for a bit (we went BACK to Bink's...but this time left empty-handed. Stacey is putting me on a gear fast, but I'm not sure if I can commit to that :)) and then headed back home. Stacey was meeting Katie for dinner and I had things to do to get the house ready to put up for sale, so they took off and I got to work. After dinner they came back to my place and hung out for a little "movie night" action, and just as we got settled on the couch, Stacey says, "Umm...I think we need to build the fort". I can never turn down a great suggestion :). So...we built a fort and took retarded pictures (gotta love the self-timer!) and laughed so hard we cried - over a multitude of things.

Saturday I woke up (after having fallen asleep on the fort in the living room - and never making it to my room :)) and noticed how beautiful it was outside, so I quickly got on my computer to check the weather forecast. Pretty sure I did a happy dance when I noticed there was no rain in sight and camping was absolutely necessary! I asked my roommate if she was in, and like everything else I've talked her into (I'd like to think I've changed her life :)), she was on board. I texted Katie & Stacey to see if they wanted to join, but received a "we're going to have to pass this time..." response. Well, I knew this was too much fun for them to miss out on, so I wrote back and said - "Life is too short! Plus, we'll take lots of fun pictures." That was the kicker...photo op :). So, around 5:00 we took off for Montgomery Bell State Park on the hottest and seriously humid day of the year. We were soaking wet from sweat (gross, I know), but enjoyed every minute of it. We set up camp, roasted hot dogs, played Phase 10, made s'mores (with Reese's pb cups! The only way!) and even took a little trip to the gas station around 10:00...which was a funny experience in itself. It was a short night with an early morning rise, but absolutely worth it! Cannot wait to go again!!!

Sunday afternoon I finished some things around the house, put the house up "for sale" and also put together a simple blog for it as well. I'm working at selling it FSBO right now, and really hoping that it will work out that way rather than listing it and paying a large amount of realtor fees. I desperately wanted to take a nap, but knew if I fell asleep I would be useless the rest of the evening, and I had a birthday party to attend. So, I found things to occupy my time and headed to the party that night. We were celebrating my friend Manny's birthday and it was a lot of fun. There was live music, lots of food, dancing, swimming, etc. (I had to slip out early, so unfortunately I missed some of it). Here are some pictures from that event...

After the party (and the reason I slipped out early), I made a super-speed run to Wal-mart to get groceries and start cooking. I'm having a few friends over tonight for dinner, so I had quite a bit to do and ended up heading to bed somewhere around 1:00am. All worth it though!
Anyway, it was a great weekend and one of many still to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment