Hedonists (or Artisans) want to be free, not tied down, confined, or obligated, to do as they wish when they wish, to enjoy today, to be impulsive, to have a life of action which repudiates long term goals, objectives, or plans, to be active just to be active, to do what they feel the urge to do, to experience excitement, to be seen by others as being free to act, as free spirits, to be exciting, optimistic, cheerful, light-hearted, and full of fun.
I relate to that in every aspect EXCEPT the long term goals. I love long term goals - although in reality they are probably more "big dreams". I'm okay with them not coming to pass, I just like dreaming about the possibilities. And if I do accomplish them - awesome! If not, no biggie...moving on to the next thing :).
Here are 10 qualities of a Hedonist (which again, both good and bad...all very accurate):
- Cheerful and exuberant
- Articulate and jocular
- Overoptimistic and carefree
- Overconfident, self-assured, boastful, and grandiose
- Extroverted and people seeking
- High energy level, full of plans and improvident activities
- Versatile, with broad interests
- Overinvolved and meddlesome
- Uninhibited and stimulus seeking
- Habitual short sleeper (less than 6 hours a night - which is why I'm writing this at 2:30am!)

1 comment:
Hey Trish,
I'm a rationalist. Big surprise. I like control and keeping order and a bunch of other stuff...
Beth
Post a Comment