6.26.2008

12 hours from now...

I will be flying the friendly skies towards a warmer place. Can't say I'm too excited about the "warmer place" part, but spending a weekend with my family before jumping on another plane and heading to Colorado, definitely exciting. I'll be in Arizona this weekend getting to celebrate Nathan's 30th birthday and Emily's 1st. I also packed my Wii, so I'm hoping for some group competitions :). I'm also looking forward to cooking. It's probably a little strange to go on vacation and cook, but for me, that's a treat. I can cook for myself every day, but seriously, that gets old and there's no one to appreciate it except me. The best critic is a 4-year-old, or even better, twin 4-year-olds. Granted, it can be hit or miss with kids, but when they like something, they really like something, and come on - what beats making waffles for cutie-patooties on a Saturday morning?! And as always, I can't wait to hang out with my brothers & Cheri. Always lots of laughs going on.

Next stop - Colorado! This trip has been 3 years in the making (the last time I saw Lisa), so I am beyond excited! I can't wait to see Lisa, catch up with old friends, go to a Rockies game, hopefully camp(!), maybe whitewater raft(!!), play more Wii, stay up entirely too late, sleep in even later, laugh so hard my stomach hurts and my eyes tear up and just enjoy hanging out with my favorite friend & her family in my favorite state. I'm pretty positive I am not going to want to come back. I may just set up camp in the mountains and call it home :).

So, cheers to the last day of work for the next 11 days!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

have an absolute blast! post and send me an EMAIL update!!!!

Boswell said...

Tell Butt-n-Seek I said hello. Good times, good times.

Bethany said...

You better want to come back...there are people here who love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...