5.20.2008

Strange Dreams

I dream constantly. Sometimes I wonder if I get a healthy amount of sleep considering how many dreams I have and am able to remember. Last night was no different. I had several dreams I remember, but one in particular sticks out, because I actually woke up crying - which I've never done before. I don't remember all the details, I just remember that I was moving with my entire family into a new house. We were almost settled in when my brothers and I decided to go explore the "grounds" (apparently it was on an acreage or something). Well, dreams are always weird and don't really make complete sense, so of course the next thing I remember was that we accidentally walked into a prison area where a group of new prisoners were handcuffed to a wall (great location to move your family, right?! haha!). There were some guards with guns patrolling the area. I don't know what we did that they saw me, but somehow one of the prisoners was able to free his hands, grab a guard's gun and shoot me down in just a matter of seconds. My brothers screamed, ran and picked me up and took me home, but I didn't make it. Morbid, I know! Well, the weird part (only happens in dreams!) is that I could still watch my family and be a part of everything they did, and sometimes they would even talk to me, but I wasn't actually there. I also remember there being a big black bear in the front yard (that's from watching too much "Man vs. Wild") and that the shower curtain kept falling down on my head whenever I tried to take a shower and it was really aggravating me. Anyway, I'm not sure which part of the dream made me so sad - it was somewhere in the "not being alive" part, but I woke up crying! It was so weird. Now I'm sitting on my couch, working from home and trying to get myself back into reality. I still feel like I should be sad about something...and I feel like I am worn out from a good cry. So weird.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...