After the game we jumped back on MARTA and went back to the hotel. We headed to the hotel's restaurant for a late night snack and in the middle of a conversation with Stacey, I looked at the door and was speechless! In walked Jeremy D., Stephen, Jeremy W. & Todd! I looked at them, laughing, and threw my hands in the air and said, "What the heck?!" We were all shocked! What are the chances?! I mean, we rarely run into each other in Cool Springs, so what are the chances of us staying at the same hotel in downtown Atlanta, and being at the same restaurant at 11:30 at night? We had a great time talking, laughing and catching up with each other. We called it a night an hour or so later and decided to meet up in the morning for some breakfast.
We took the MARTA (or as Jeremy W. called it - the SPARTA :)) the next morning to Midtown for breakfast at The Flying Biscuit (kudos to Dave for the great recommendation!). Apparently it's a very popular Saturday restaurant as the wait was near an hour, but in the end, totally worth it! After breakfast we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways - the guys to the Aquarium, Stacey & I to IKEA. We got our luggage, loaded up the car and took off for IKEA with one short detour along the way. We basically ran in and out - just grabbing a few items. I bought a fantastic mirror that in the end, was 3" too long to fit in my car...so I had to return it. Ah well, wasn't meant to be. After IKEA we headed over to the Fernbank Museum to see the IMAX Grand Canyon Adventure movie - which I would highly recommend if it's playing anywhere near you. We grabbed dinner at Zesto's before hitting the road - and with gaining an hour on way back, were home by 10:00!
I can't wait for my next weekend rendezvous! We're already talking about the next game - which is looking to be the Chicago Cubs (still working on my Yankees weekend!). I really think I may get to 5 stadiums in one summer! Not too shabby for my first season of MLB!
Here's some pics from the weekend:






1 comment:
Let me get back to you on the best way to get Cubs tickets. Depending on the weekend, we would love to go. We have a wedding to go to the second or third Saturday in August and it's in Ft. Wayne. That would be so cool. I, too, went to IKEA this weekend...there's one in Cincinnati now. Sweet.
Post a Comment