I had a perfect weekend. I slept a lot, did laundry (and yes, I'm STILL loving laundry with my new machine), ran some errands, babysat, had coffee with a friend, cleaned, started packing, went to a dinner party and then ended the weekend plopped on my couch with 3 of my close friends just chattin' away.
I babysat last night for one of my favorite little girls (aside from my nieces and nephew, of course! Don't worry Cheri!). Her name is Ava and I absolutely adore her! She has SUCH personality! Last night was a gorgeous evening, so when Ava woke up from her nap I asked her if she wanted to go to the park - to which she responded with a resounding "Yesssss!" I asked her what shoes she wanted to wear (being that I'm a shoe-addict myself, I think every little girl should be able to wear whatever she wants) and she picked out a lovely pair of brown patent leather boots with leopard hearts on the side. They also lit up when she walked. They didn't really coordinate with her outfit, but seriously, so stinkin' cute. We got settled into the car and started to head out when Ava said, "I want to listen to Bon Jovi 'Hey Hey'". I said, "Is it in the cd player?" "Yessss" "What number is it?" "Number one". I turned it on and we jammed it out! She knew ALL the words - and she just turned 3 today. Seriously about the cutest thing I've ever seen. She loves Bon Jovi. I asked her if she wanted Chick-fil-A or McD's and she chose McD's. I asked her what kind of happy meal she wanted and she said cheeseburger. I asked her what she wanted to drink and she said white milk. I didn't ask her about french fries, because, sorry kiddo, you're getting the apple dippers. They are healthier and I thought her mom would appreciate that. Either way, she made my job really simple and was such a doll. From there we headed to the park and as we're driving (still jammin' to Bon Jovi) she says, "Miss Trish! I'm so exciting!!!" (Yes, "exciting", not excited...in reference to going to the park.) We got to the park and ate our dinner on a picnic table before running around the park. The funny thing was - the whole ride there she couldn't stop talking about swinging, going down the slide and on the teeter-totter, but when we got there, she just wanted to explore everything and didn't want to slide, swing OR teeter-totter. Her mom later told me that is not unusual - she's pretty cautious and likes to talk it, but never wants to actually do it. Even still, we had a blast. It started to get chilly and I had forgotten to bring a jacket for her, so we headed home. She showed me all the toys she had gotten from her birthday party the day before (and seriously, she rocked it on the toys! I had so much fun playing with her!) and then she wanted to watch Cinderella. I put the dvd in and she snuggled up right next to me and told me all about each character. It was adorable. Her parents got home shortly after, and I'll admit, I was a bit disappointed. Can't wait for next time!
Wow, so I'm sure you wanted to know EVERY detail about that night, but there you have it anyway! :) I did have a great time with my friends this weekend too - but if I'm honest, Ava took the cake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment