
I debated about whether or not to post this duo today. I stumbled on their music on myspace some time ago, but hadn't gotten to "recommending" them, and then their song was on a preview for a cheesy movie that aired this weekend. Regardless, I don't think it belittles their talent and I am looking forward to the release of their first full album. It's definitely "pop", but the wife has a great "groove" to her voice that I really like and there are some great harmonies between the two of them. Check out Room for Two's myspace page and get a sampling of a few of their songs. I love the arrangement to the song "Change" and the slight R&B groove in the song "My Kinda Perfect". Their lyrics are light & on the romantic side, so I'm not thinking that most guys will dig it, but I think overall it's sweet & upbeat.
I also want to recommend the song "One Day Like This" by Elbow. Again, not lyrically "deep", but I love the strings and the gradual build to the song. Not surprising right? I am obsessed with the climax of a song! This isn't anything "spectacular", but definitely a pleasant sound to my ears. So check it out and see what you think!

2 comments:
um your second review of the elbow song sounds sexual,lol
or maybe i don't listen to enough music talk to realize those are the words used.
either way,thanks for GIGGLER
Sheesh Alyce, get your mind out of the gutter! :) I had to read it a couple times before I even clued into what you meant!
Post a Comment