4.08.2008

Tuesday Music Recommendation


I really had a hard time deciding what to give you for today's music recommendation. I thought about Leona Lewis since her album was released today, but figured if you didn't listen to me way back when I first mentioned her, then it's your loss. She has an amazing voice! Sadly, you'll probably be tired of her quickly since she's now getting a TON of radio play, so just don't listen to the radio :).

After that, I thought about recommending Adele. She has a bit of an Amy Winehouse meets Natasha Bedingfield feel. I definitely like her voice, but don't love all of her songs. Some of them just seem a bit "bland" if you will. There's definite talent there though, and I do like some of the songs, so still check her out if you get a chance.

I'm also enjoying the guitar skills of a local artist by the name of Justin Rosolino. His album, again, not that great, but listen to the song "29" and you'll see what I mean. Serious talent there.

Anyway, all that to say, my Tuesday music recommendation today is actually going a little oldschool. I've realized that there are so many incredible artists that I often forget about, and one that I used to listen to a long time ago is Angie Aparo. His most well-known song is definitely "Cry", which he wrote and it was performed by Faith Hill (the link is to her version - sung with Angie). I actually prefer his version (see my playlist at the bottom of the page)...mostly because I heard him live one time and he shared the story behind that song. His wife was asking for a divorce, which he didn't want...and that song came out of how he was feeling. He has an incredible vocal range and a unique sound - as well as instrumental talent and obviously a lyrical gifting too. Definitely an odd stage presence though...haha! My favorite album, which isn't on his MySpace or iTunes is "The American". I can't seem to find a place online that will allow you to listen to the whole album, but you can listen to the song "Hush" here. Sorry for the random X-Files video that they have it going with. :)

So there you have it, your music recommendation for the day. Not the most exciting one ever, but maybe something that you either haven't heard or have forgotten about as well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...