For some reason rainy weather puts me in really good mood. It kind of relaxes me and makes me want to listen to soothing music (such as Ray LaMontagne). On top of that, I have a caramel macchiato in front of me (I really don't have them as often as it sounds! Maybe once a week if that...but it is one of my favorite treats these days) and am finally getting caught up at work (knock on wood!).
Last night I had to be quite the little multi-tasker! I got off work, stopped by REI to pick up my new North Face jacket (I am slightly obsessed with North Face), went home, changed clothes, went to the gym to run, swung by Hallmark to get a birthday card, went home, changed again, drove to the restaurant, realized I forgot the birthday card (which made me late), hung out for 30 minutes with everybody and played a fun trivia game with the whole restaurant, said goodbye, drove to 9 Fruits, realized it was closed, called Ferris to change locations, drove to Blue Coast and had dinner with her and went over color combinations, decorations, flowers, etc. for her upcoming wedding. Afterwards I went home, read a little bit of a book (which I am loving and highly recommend - you can't go wrong with John Eldredge) and stayed up entirely too late as always.
I am so looking forward to our roadtrip next weekend. I'm a little nervous about the weather - looks as if there's a potential for rain, but not to worry! Trish Dubes always has a plan B that is equally as much fun as the original! If we get closer to the weekend and rain is looking definite for the beach, then we will be packing our bags and heading north to Chitown! Chicago is one of my favorite cities (aside from NYC and Colorado in general), mostly because I have such great memories from all the trips we took there in college. I remember being at the Museum of Art with one of my classes, and in the midst of this gallery full of people I saw this couple that looked lost in their own world. I observed them from a distance and quickly noticed that he was proposing...it was so sweet! She's crying, they're hugging & kissing, and the room continued to silently move while time stood still for them. Of course the real reason I love that museum is for the actual artwork, but I always smile when I remember that moment too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Are you aware that you would be two hours away from me if you came to Chicago?
Yes, but 2 hours too far, sorry! I'll be with 3 other girlfriends to celebrate 2 of their birthdays, so although I'm "planning" it, it's not my trip - and we'll be there for a very short time. I'm sure there will be more trips in the future and maybe one of those will work out!
You should have gotten a cheap northface jacket in NY. You know they sell them in Chinatown. HEE HEE! MIss you!
Haha!!! I laughed so hard when I read your comment Erin! I still think it's hilarious that we spent so much time looking for them, only to end up at the North Face store! Ahh, but it makes for such a great story! I miss you too!
Post a Comment