4.25.2008

Having a dumb day.

Okay, so I'm one of those people that will go buy something when it's not on sale, so I know I can have my size and it won't be picked over, but then return to the store later, re-buy it on sale and return it with the original receipt. Makes things more complicated, yes, but I can't pass up a bargain.

SO, this weekend is tax-free weekend (woohoo!) and there was a pair of shoes that I'd been drooling over for quite some time. I did some searching online and found an extra $10/off coupon, so I figured between no tax and the coupon, this was the best deal I was going to get (cheaper than anything I'd found online). Well, this particular pair of shoes is a "unisex" shoe, labeled in men's sizes, and although I knew this, when I said I needed an 8.5 or 9, I figured the sales person would know I was meaning in women's sizing...since I was trying them on and all. I was in a hurry, so he gave me a bulky men's sport sock to try them on with and I put on the 8.5 and said..."feels good, I'll take them." So I'm driving back to work and get to thinking - I wonder if that was a men's or women's size? I checked the box, sure enough - men's 8.5, which is equivalent to a women's size 10...which is way too big for my feet. I got to my office, pulled them out of the box, smiled at how much I love them, and then tried them on one more time (without socks). Huge. No way a pair of socks is going to make that much difference (unless it was a very oversized men's athletic sock). I'm so irritated with my rash-ness because now I have to go back to the store tonight, exchange them and hope that they still have my size. That's what happens when you do things in a hurry.

That was dumb day moment #1. Here's #2.

I bought several items at Express earlier in the week. I thought I was getting some excellent deals because they had the whole - buy 1 get the second half off type of thing. Well, yesterday I received a coupon in my email for $15 off $30 or $30 off $75. So, I figured it out and it was a better deal to use the coupon on a few of the items that I bought and return them with my original receipt. So, figuring I'd thought that through completely, I ran in (again, still in a hurry), grabbed a few of the items I purchased, got in line, checked out and was on my way out the door when I noticed that the prices had changed on everything that I bought - making them cheaper alone than they were with the buy 1 get the second half off deal. Argh! SO, now I have the items I want, the items I bought to return with the original receipt of the first items I bought, and now I'm going to go in ANOTHER time, re-buy everything and return the last two purchases altogether. BUT, in doing that (even though it will be a headache, yes), essentially I save enough that 3 of the items will be completely free. I can't tell you how irritated I am with myself at this point. My whole "quick run in-and-out" to the mall was a complete waste. This is why I'm not a frequent shopper...otherwise I'd be constantly frustrated over the change in price and calculating things in my head all the time.

Onto more exciting news (seriously, I know this probably sounds like I spend money CONSTANTLY, but I really don't!), I'm heading to M'boro tonight to purchase my bedroom furniture. I finally received my 25% off coupon and will be saving a nice chunk-o-change. This is where patience has paid off! That and I cannot wait to have drawers for my clothes. Right now I have an organizational system of tupperware in my closet that is driving me nutty. That and my bedroom is looking a tad bit empty. It's a gorgeous day, so the sunroof will be open and the windows will be down...and some ice cream may even be involved. Gotta love a little road-trip!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...