3.13.2008

Speeding Tickets, Toddlers & Bran Muffins

I was so tired this morning that I made a Starbucks stop, which is definitely not a typical weekly happening, but mmmm...it was good. Last night I babysat for a sweet little girl named Ava. I think she is absolutely adorable, and if she hadn't already stolen my heart, she did last night. She was in a cuddle-mood and I was happy to oblige. We cuddled on the couch and watched Cinderella (amidst much "princess" conversation), read stories while she sat in my lap and talked about her favorite toy - a soccer ball. Now that's my kind of girl - a sporty princess! :) Her parents were out enjoying a concert, so it was a late night and an early morning...because I had to go to traffic court.

Yuck.

I got a speeding ticket a few months back (yes, I cried, but not in front of the police officer) and chose to go to court to take driving school. I was so nervous - feeling like a criminal, but was reassured when I was standing amidst 20-30 other adults, ranging in ages, who were there for the exact same thing.

So, now I'm just working away, eating my bran muffins a little later than usual (basically for brunch since my coffee filled me up for most of the morning). I'm seriously obsessed with these muffins! Typically I am not a repetitive eater, but I honestly think I could have them everyday and still look forward to it! I will say I've made them 2 ways so far - once with All-Bran Buds and the other with All-Bran Original, and I definitely recommend Original. Makes a big difference in the consistency.

Anyway, I have the worst case of spring fever! I will admit that I really enjoy working in an office - having a set schedule, a place where my workload begins and ends and does not follow me beyond my office doors. I know the "desk life" is not for some, but sometimes I think I thrive on a schedule, so for this time in my life, it's a perfect fit. There are days though, like yesterday and today, where the sun is shining (I am fortunate to have a wall of windows) and I hear it whispering my name to "come out and play!". I find myself searching for flights, toying with the idea of taking a spontaneous trip to the Caribbean or some other tropical location...but instead, at least for now, I'm restraining and counting down the days to my next trip...49 to Phoenix, 99 to Cali, 106 to Colorado, 133 to Missouri, 210 to New York city, 280 to Utah and 324 to China...not that I'm keeping track! And you never know...a spontaneous trip (or 2 or 3!) may find itself tucked in the midst of those, but for now, I'm learning patience (will that lesson ever end?) and just simply looking forward to tomorrow. Sometimes you just have to take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...