3.20.2008

It's FRIDAY!

Okay, well it's technically Thursday, but due to the holiday weekend, it's Friday as far as work is concerned (although still Thursday as far as "cussing Thursday" is concerned :)). I'm sitting at my desk right now, enjoying a nonfat, sugar-free caramel macchiato and slowly getting ready to dive into work.

For some reason, this week has been one of those "I could sleep forever" weeks. It has been SO hard to get out of bed! So this morning, as I laid in bed, staring at the clock, hating that it was telling me to get up, I reminded myself that today is "Friday" and tomorrow I can sleep to my heart's content. I also love that tonight is my "Friday night", so I'll go to the gym as always (sidenote: my favorite running song right now is MercyMe's "God With Us"...so good!), but after that, I'll probably stay up entirely too late just because I can. I'm mostly looking forward to renting Steep tonight. It just came out on DVD and I've been anticipating its arrival. I think it looks like an amazing documentary. I love to ski, but no way on EARTH would I ever be daring enough to do anything like those guys. That and the simple fact that I'm not good enough and more than likely never will be. I am, however, already psyched about our Utah trip next Christmas. That's helping me get past my disappointment of not being able to ski at all this year. I am definitely someone who always has to have something in the mix to "count down" toward. Not that by any means I have my life planned out (that would be impossible and completely unrealistic), but I have vacations set for all the way into 2010. Hey, if you want to see the world, you gotta plan ahead. Hopefully in between my already planned trips there will be even more spontaneous ones, preferably missions-oriented (Uganda - ever since I saw their video last year).

Tomorrow (after I sleep forever, of course :)) I'm going hiking! I was really looking forward to camping, but apparently I was a little over-zealous and didn't realize that although spring is technically here (today is the first day!), its temperatures have not completely followed yet. So, although I'm disappointed at having to cancel, there's already a trip planned for late April which makes up for it.

*Sigh* Alright, now I'm just killing time, avoiding the pile of design-requests I need to dive into. You know, as much as I love designing, some days there are just less "creative juices" flowing than others...but you still gotta make it happen, and make it look good. Here's to one of those days! :) Gnarls Barkley will be my soundtrack.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Ahhh- no fair- I want to be off tomorrow too!

Beth said...

My favorite running song is "Music is My Hot, Hot Sex" It's the song from the original IPod Touch commercial. They only say the title once in the whole song. My favorite line is "Music is my King Size bed"

Trish said...

Beth - that is a GREAT song (ultra-cheesy), although I'm pretty sure you just say it's what you run to because you like to use that title as often as possible. Haha! My mix changes often...some new stuff, some old stuff. Bringing back "I just died in your arm tonight"...it's a classic.

tapango1 said...

I'm praying for your cussing problem,lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...