5.29.2014

I only wish I had done that sooner.

This morning I received an email from a sweet friend of mine that said, "This video (see below) is so beautiful and made me think of you. You are one that encourages me to step out and do things I am afraid to do. Their story gave me a new perspective on the joy of overcoming those fears, and I wanted to share it with you. Also I want to start a thing where every year I do something that makes me face a fear or do something I've always dreamed of doing." 

I watched the video and the thought that kept coming to mind was "don't let your firsts be your last". I watched as these two women, in their 70's, finally did something that they had been afraid to do their whole life, and when they finally did it, it was incredible. I can't help but wonder if they thought "I only wish I had done that sooner." 

While I was so encouraged by my friend's email this morning, I couldn't help but ask myself - do I really step out and do things I'm afraid to do? What areas of my life am I living in fear that I need to overcome? Sure, I have a long list of places I'd like to go, things I'd like to try, dreams I'd like to live out...but more important than anything on that list is the question of "in what areas of my life am I not trusting you fully, Lord? Am I holding back anything you have for me because I'm walking in fear?" 

I don't want to put on my life vest and just sit on the beach - watching the boats on the water. I don't want to get on the boat and be holding onto it for dear life for fear we might sink. I want to be a Peter, who steps out onto the water in faith to be closer to Jesus...and when the storm grows stronger, I just want to run faster to Him. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...