11.25.2013

Stepping into new seasons

Do you ever have that tangible feeling that God is moving you into a new season?  Usually there are circumstances - good, bad or ugly - that usher you through the door, but sometimes it's not necessarily what is happening around you, it's just that feeling in your gut, that nudge of the Holy Spirit that's letting you know...it's time to move forward.

Typically the year ends and in various ways we look forward to the new year and a fresh start. Sometimes it's in hopes that we'll get into shape or achieve our career goals or any number of dreams that you hope are "right around the corner".  I definitely have some very clear goals for 2014...one major project in particular that has been on the back-burner for a long time. It's big, it's intimidating and it is going to require a lot of dedication and sacrifice out of myself, but I know it will be worth it if nothing else because I need to be obedient to the calling.

But beyond that, I know the Lord is calling me unto something even greater. To hope. Ouch. Not a big fan of hope. I tend to be someone who would rather just be genuinely content with things - and I have been! I've been incredibly grateful for my life and happy with where God has me, but 

I’m so concerned with what I look like from the outside.
Will I blossom into what You hope I’ll be.
Yet You’re so patient just to help me see.
The blooms come from a deeper seed that You planted in me.

Sometimes it’s hard to grow when everybody’s watching.
To have your heart pruned by the one who knows best.
And though I’m bare and cold I know my season’s coming.
And I’ll spring up in Your endless faithfulness.

With my roots deep in You
I’ll grow the branch that bears the fruit.
And though I’m small, I’ll still be standing in the storm.
‘Cause I am planted by the river by
Your streams of living water
And I’ll grow up strong and beautiful, all for Your splendor, Lord.

So with my arms stretched out, I’m swaying to Your heartbeat.
I’m growing with the sound of Your voice calling.
You’re bringing out the beauty that You have put in me.
For Your joy and for Your glory falling.
I am so concerned with what I look like from the outside
And will I blossom in to what you hope I’ll be.
Yet you are so patient judged to help me see that blooms come from the deepest seed that you planted in me.

Some times it’s hard to grow when ever body is watching.
To have your heart pruned by the One who knows best
Although I am bare and cold I know my season’s coming
And I will spring up in….in this faithfulness.

CHORUS:
With my roots deep in you
I will grow the branch that bares the fruit
And though I’m small I still will be standing in the storm.
Cause I am planted by the river
By your streams of living water
And I will grow up strong and beautiful all for your splendor Lord.

So with my arms stretched out I am swaying to your heartbeat.
I am growing with the sound of your voice calling
You are bringing out the beauty that you had put in me
For your joy and for your glory falling.

With my roots deep in you
I grow the branch that bares the fruit
And though I am small I still will be standing in the storm.
Cause I am planted by the river
By your streams of living water
And I will grow up strong and beautiful all for your splendor Lord.

Ohhhhh…….You raise me in your love, love, love,
You raise me in your love
You raise me in your power.
Thank you Lord.

With my roots deep in you
I will grow the branch that bares the fruit
And though I’m small I still will be standing in the storm.
Cause I am planted by the river
By your streams of living water
And I will grow up strong and beautiful all for your splendor Lord.
For your splendor, Lord.
Read more at http://www.lyrics.com/for-your-splendor-lyrics-christy-nockels.html#bUZqdX7pyZ8PHCFh.99
I am so concerned with what I look like from the outside
And will I blossom in to what you hope I’ll be.
Yet you are so patient judged to help me see that blooms come from the deepest seed that you planted in me.

Some times it’s hard to grow when ever body is watching.
To have your heart pruned by the One who knows best
Although I am bare and cold I know my season’s coming
And I will spring up in….in this faithfulness.

CHORUS:
With my roots deep in you
I will grow the branch that bares the fruit
And though I’m small I still will be standing in the storm.
Cause I am planted by the river
By your streams of living water
And I will grow up strong and beautiful all for your splendor Lord.

So with my arms stretched out I am swaying to your heartbeat.
I am growing with the sound of your voice calling
You are bringing out the beauty that you had put in me
For your joy and for your glory falling.

With my roots deep in you
I grow the branch that bares the fruit
And though I am small I still will be standing in the storm.
Cause I am planted by the river
By your streams of living water
And I will grow up strong and beautiful all for your splendor Lord.

Ohhhhh…….You raise me in your love, love, love,
You raise me in your love
You raise me in your power.
Thank you Lord.

With my roots deep in you
I will grow the branch that bares the fruit
And though I’m small I still will be standing in the storm.
Cause I am planted by the river
By your streams of living water
And I will grow up strong and beautiful all for your splendor Lord.
For your splendor, Lord.
Read more at http://www.lyrics.com/for-your-splendor-lyrics-christy-nockels.html#KsWI4Mtv0AFyFkfF.99

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...