10.10.2011

Soup du Jour


With cooler weather fast approaching (or at least that's my wishful thinking :)), soup is a staple on my weekly menu.  My latest favorite is so easy and so delicious that I just had to share it.  A friend gave me this recipe recently, but I made a few tweaks to suit my taste.  Enjoy!

1x2 Soup*

1 lb. ground turkey sausage (original recipe calls for ground beef)
2 cans Progresso Minestrone (I use the reduced sodium version)
1 can Rotel (medium - I like it spicy :))
8 oz. 2% Velveeta, cubed

Brown turkey sausage in large sauce pan.  Drain and return to sauce pan.  Reduce heat to medium and add Minestrone, Rotel and Velveeta cubes, stirring until cheese has melted.  Enjoy!

*The original name is 2x4 because this recipe is usually doubled to be 2lbs of meat and 4 cans of Minestrone, but for the single gal, 1x2 is just the right amount - about 5-6 generous servings.

1 comment:

Beth said...

"What is the soup du Jour?"
"Oh, it's the soup of the day."
"Mmm, that sounds good. I'll have that."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...