It's 2:31am to be exact...and I am hosting a Christmas brunch at my house in exactly 8.5 hours....which is exactly how many hours I would like to sleep...but that's definitely not happening. :) I'm completely unprepared - the table isn't set, the tree still has no lights or decorations, but the food is prepared and ready to be placed in the oven an hour before the guests arrive, and I suppose that's the most important part anyway (I'll post pics later :)). As I like to say - "life is short...sleep later".
Tonight was a simple and incredibly fun night. A group of friends met up at a tiny little Italian restaurant called Mama Mia's. We were there from 6:30 until almost 10:00 - just taking our time talking, drinking wine, laughing, enjoying our meals, talking some more and drinking some more wine. Okay, maybe not that much wine, but lots of talking and laughter :). We like each other so much that we continued the night by heading over to Fido's for more social-ness and a hot cup of cocoa. It never ceases to amaze me how life can change in the blink of an eye. Not even a month ago, I hadn't even met some of the people at that table - and others I knew, but very casually. Now I wish we could all hang out every day. I swear I'd never get tired of them. They might get tired of me, but definitely not the other way around :). It's just a constant reminder to me that God is always working, always moving things into motion, always present and involved and has a plan even when I cannot see it. I'm such a planner and am often looking toward the next week or the next month or six months down the road...sometimes freaking out over stuff that hasn't even happened yet. The truth is, tomorrow could change everything. Amazing things could happen, tragic things could happen, unexpected things could happen...and if you aren't willing to let God lead and direct, you may miss out on what he has in store.
I have so much more to say on that, but I'm seriously starting to feel a bit "loopy" from the sleep deprivation. I will pick up on it again later...but for now...sleep. Goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment