11.01.2010

So little time!

I have 27 minutes until the battery on my laptop dies.  I would plug it in, but SOMEONE (i will not mention any names :)) stole my power cable so I have only 27 minutes of battery life to share oh.so.many important things.

Oh, make that 25.  Apparently I took too long to complete that first thought.

This weekend was pure bliss.  BLISS I tell ya.  For starters, the weather was amazing.  I woke up Saturday and it was in the 30's!  I got up just long enough to turn the furnace on before snuggling back under my fluffy down comforter.  I burrowed in for a bit more sleep while I soaked in the smell of the furnace.  Does anyone else LOVE that smell?  It encompasses so many memories.  I love that about smells.

I met up with an old co-worker of mine (but let's be honest, the more important description is that she's my hilarously fun friend :)) for "brunch" at Puffy Muffin (but again, it was 11:30...so I'm pretty sure "brunch" was over...plus, we had burgers :)).  Mainly we caught up on life, talked to our friend Ray that has been "our waiter" for the past 6+ years (gotta love that!) and is putting himself through nursing school right now.  If you think of it, please send up prayer for him on Wednesday at 1:00.  He has a big test and I know he would really appreciate it!!  After girl talk, we dove into the nitty-gritty edits of the freelance project I've been working on for my old company.  It's a budget book.  Not fun freelance, but hey - it's "Tahoe ski money".  I'll take it!

19 minutes. DANG!  Okay, okay...

I was EXHAUSTED after lunch (I think ginger tea puts me into a straight coma), so I made a few pitstops before heading back home and wiping out on the couch.  I slept FOREVER.  I mean, seriously, I have no recollection of the rest of the evening.  It was reeeeeal nice.

Sunday morning I headed down south (okay, like 15 minutes south) to Spring Hill to take pics of People's Church Spring Hill's new facility.  My company did the audio/video/lighting for it and it was their "grand opening" per say, so after getting completely lost (I mean, completely), I arrived 30 minutes late (hey, at least I made it!) and snapped away.  Let's be honest here people.  I am no photographer.  I bought my camera off of ebay for the purpose of capturing baked goods in my kitchen.  People that move and breath...soooo not my thing.  I just cross my fingers and hit the shutter.  Sometimes it works. Sometimes.

14 MINUTES!

After church I ran into an old friend, which is always fun, and then met up with another friend to grab some grub in my favorite place...a little biddybop town called Leipers Fork.  There are just a few restaurants to choose from in the itsybitsy downtown, and normally Puckett's is my fave, but I like to change things up and try new things every once in a while.  So, this time we hit up Country Boy Cafe.  I would love a country boy.  Oh wait, did I say that?  I meant I loved the Country Boy.  Deeeelish (and cute to boot!).  From there we wandered through the various little shops.  I bought a box of mustache matches and snapped pics here and there of the fun fallish decor and antique treasures that line the street.  Once we'd seen it all, we made a quick stop at Puckett's to grab an ice cold A&Dubbya.  We found a pair of rocking chairs on the front porch and kicked back for the next couple of hours - just people watching, chatting it up wth each other and the locals, and enjoying a beautiful sunset.  Did I mention i was wearing my cowboy boots?  Somehow that makes it even better :).

NINE MINUTES!!!!!!!!!

Okay, let's see if I can upload pics of the day before it shuts me down!




...and there you have it!  We headed out to meet up with another friend for dinner in downtown Franklin before calling it a night...and a great one at that!

3 minutes left!  I better hit publish and get this post UP!  Happy November!

1 comment:

HopefulLeigh said...

This post cracked me up and reminded me I still need to visit Leipers Fork. Care to be my tour guide sometime?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...