I am going to get back to blogging one of these days....I really am! The funny thing about blogging is that it tends to go one of two ways for me; I'm either so busy that I don't have time to blog, or I am not busy at all and therefore have nothing to blog about! I prefer the former and just hope that I can remember all the details to blog when I get a chance.
The past several months I've been crazy busy with a project at work. It's been in the mix since last March, but it wasn't until August that we were really able to hunker down and fully dive in to it. Needless to say, that made the past 2 months jam-packed and slightly overwhelming, but not necessarily in a bad way. I've thoroughly enjoyed the project and all of the "outside my normal box" pieces to it. Now the project is in full swing and out on tour, which is by far my favorite part. I've been designing full time for 8+ years now, and out of all of the events and projects that I've designed for, I can count on one hand how many of those I've actually been able to witness the outcome. It's the downside to being a designer. Rather than being the person that is typically out on the road with a project, you're the one behind the desk creating away. That has not been the case with Pieces of Our Lives - and I admit, it's a welcomed (and fun!) change! I didn't join the crew for the first week of Texas events, but was on the road last week for the Atlanta and Orlando evenings. Not only was it really fun to finally see all the pieces together in one place, but I loved the "hands-on" part of setting up everything and even taking it all down and packing it up! Add to that the fact that everyone involved in the project (and on the road with us) is a lot of fun - and that I seriously love sleeping on the bus...well, I'm one happy camper :).
Tonight we load up once more and hit the road for Chicago, Minneapolis and Sioux Falls. If you're in or near any of those cities - purchase a ticket and come on out! It's a great night for a great cause. You'll be glad you came, I promise! I'll fill you in on the details of the week either as we go or when I return, but until then, let me fill you in on my weekend in Indiana!
It's been years since I've been up to Evansville for their annual Fall Festival, but being that we had one of the hottest summers on record, I was more than ready for Autumn and all things that relate to it - festivals being near the top! So, after we arrived back from the Pieces tour last week, I immediately unpacked my bag and then packed it right back up again, ready to hit the road as soon as I left work on Friday. My roommate went with and we stayed with my friend Arlie at her parent's house in Evansville. We had so much fun - laughing to the point of deleriousness! :) We spent hours at the festival, drinking the infamous Englebrecht's apple cider from the mini jug, playing the quarter mouse game, riding the Freak Out, eating the ever popular tenderloin sandwich and just enjoying a beautiful Saturday afternoon! We tried to purchase apples and cider from Englebrecht's store, but were saddened to find out it had closed (permanently) and they would not have cider at their new location for at least another year. Thank goodness I got my mini jug at the festival! We wandered through downtown Newburgh, exploring antique stores and my favorite, Newburgh Country Store. We enjoyed a bite to eat at Lic's (an oldschool sandwich/ice cream shop) and spent the rest of our evening watching last season's Bones on dvd (it's the little things!). We stayed up too late, got too little sleep, but had way too much fun :). Can't wait to do it all over again next year! Enjoy the pics!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You have been crazy busy! Tell Chicago I say hi.
Post a Comment