9.07.2010

Well hello there!

Does anyone even follow this blog anymore?!  I obviously stink at blogging lately - considering I started with Roadtrip Part I back on August 23rd and never actually finished Part II!  Ah well....I'll get back to that eventually, I promise :).

So, what have I been up to?  Hmmm...let's see...

The following Monday after we returned from the roadtrip I had my sleep study.  I not only had to stay overnight, but I had to stay the entire next day to take five 20-minute naps every 2 hours.  Sounds nice, right?  Try sleeping with 20+ wires attached to your head...in a room that isn't your own...it's not the kind of napping you'd voluntarily do.  To be honest, I didn't think I slept a wink.  I was sure I'd go into the doctor for my follow-up appointment and he would tell me I'm just fine and am tired like every hard-working individual out there. 

Um, nope.

Apparently I fell asleep in 6 minutes or less each nap...and that time got shorter as the day went on.  So, just as the doctor had originally suspected, I have a moderate to severe form of narcolepsy.  No, I don't fall asleep in the middle of conversations or anything crazy like that, in fact, he said I appear to function very well considering how sleepy I am.  Yes, yes I do, thankyouverymuch.  However, now we're on the journey to figuring out meds (ohjoy) so at this point we're just trying one every 2 weeks until we find one that is a good fit.  So...there you have it.  Exciting stuff.

I honestly don't remember what has happened between then and now...it's all a blur (isn't that just how it goes sometimes?!), so I'll just jump to this past holiday weekend.

Friday afternoon my mom met me at my office and we headed back to my place for a little bit before heading out to grab a bite to eat.  It was a gorgeous night, so we just decided to avoid the wait and lines and grab a salad at McAlister's Deli (I'm obsessed with their Savanah salad lately).  We sat outside just chatting away and enjoying the fantastic 70-degree breeze. Ahhh. Afterwards we headed downtown Franklin to make an always necessary stop at Sweet Cece's.  While sitting outside enjoying our fro-yo, I saw my friend Emily through the window, waiting in line inside.  We had some fun playing with her a bit via text before she finally found us :).  She & her friend Katie popped outside and said hello and we all caught up a bit before heading to our cars and saying goodnight.

Saturday morning we got up early and I made whole wheat ebilskivers with nutella banana filling and poached eggs.  Yumma.  Shortly after we piled in the car (Gidget too :)) and made our way to PD's in downtown Franklin before taking a short roadtrip out to Bell Buckle.  Sadly, a lot of the stores that were once there are no longer, so it was not what I remembered it to be...but we still had fun walking around and rummaging through antique stores.  After Bell Buckle we decided to continue on our roadtrip and head back to Leipers Fork.  It was a great day to drive with the windows down and hang out in quaint towns, so Leipers Fork was a must.  We stopped at the diner across from Puckett's to grab a quick bite to eat and then did some shopping at a few of the local stores before heading home.

looks like someone was ready to get out of the car! :)

We got home just in time for dad to meet up with us at my house.  We piled back into the car, grabbed some meat and veggies at the grocery store and had a delicious dinner together at my place.  Afterwards dad & I worked on hanging the shelving unit I purchased months ago for my laundry room.  I really should have taken before/after pics, because it is amazing how much storage we added!  It wasn't without complications (we actually didn't finish until Sunday afternoon), but it was well worth it!

Sunday morning we got up bright & early again, this time to head to the early service at Cross Point.  We met Emily there and then headed to Loveless Cafe for breakfast.  Even at 10am the wait was an hour and a half.  Totally worth it though, as always.  My parents had never been there before, so it was fun taking them somewhere new.  Sunday afternoon was laundry-shelving-drama, but once that was finished (hoorah!) we piled into the car yet again and headed up to Centennial Park to watch Shakespear in the Park - Love's Labor Lost.  Huge crowd, beautiful weather, fun fun place to be on a clear night.


Monday was our final day...and although I wanted to spend the day sleeping to rest up from all the activity :), my parents are early risers, so we got up early again (well...they got up REALLY early...I got up at 8:30...early for me on a day off!), had a bit to eat and then loaded up our bikes and spent the next several hours biking through the trails of Crocket Park.  Again, we couldn't have asked for more perfect weather, and with the new tires on my bike (I took off my mountain tires for the time being and replaced them with road tires) I could have biked and biked and biked (in fact...I can't wait to get out there again!).  We headed back to my place and just hung out for a bit more before they took off around 3:00.  It was a great weekend and we definitely made use of every minute! 

Now...if I could just have a day to catch up on my sleep... :)

1 comment:

HopefulLeigh said...

I'm still waiting to hear about the wonders of Iowa so of course I still read your blog! Also wondering what the heck ebilskevers are?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...