7.12.2010

SO excited!


Pardon the poor picture (my dad just took it on his blackberry), but I am SO excited that my parents found this!  I have my grandparents dining room table (see below) that they bought on their honeymoon!  The table is incredible because it has drop leaves and then center leaves - so it can be as tiny as a 2-person table and as large as a 10-12 person table.  It's a gorgeous table and every time I redecorate, I just reupholster the chairs.  My parents are in Iowa at my grandparents farm, sorting through things as my uncle now lives there since both of my grandparents have passed away.  My mom called me on Saturday to tell me that they found the matching buffet and wanted to know if I wanted it - of course I said yes!  I already knew I loved the style...but when I saw the picture I was ecstatic!  I know some may not think it looks like much, but I think it's going to be an awesome piece when I'm done with it!!


On a related note, I'm looking for a pendant light to replace the chandelier in my dining room. I bought a beautiful (traditional) chandelier that is in my garage, but never got around to putting it up. Now it's not really my style and I'm looking for something more along these lines. If you know where to find one at a reasonable price, please let me know!!

1 comment:

HopefulLeigh said...

That's awesome, Trish! Looks like it has lots of potential. I'll keep an eye out for a pendant light when I head to the flea market. Although, that probably won't do you much good by the time I email you about it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...