Okay...I'm slightly behind (what else is new), so I'm going to post about last weekend first...and then bring you up to date with this weekend.



One of my friends is a newlywed and just a few weeks after their wedding, her husband was taking off on a 10-day overseas missions trip, so he shot an email out to a group of her girlfriends asking if we would love on his wife while he was away. I had talked with Julie about hanging out with her and a few other girls on Friday and all week was trying to figure out what we were going to do. After talking with my friend Steph, we decided to make it low-key (who doesn't love a laid-back Friday night?) and have a girl's night "in" pajama party at my place. If anyone knows me, I'm always looking for an excuse to build a fort, so I went to work Thursday night with the help of my friend Ashley and my roommate, and we assembled the fort. It's best one that we've built so far...mostly because this one had a chandelier hanging in the middle! :) We named it "Fort Champion" in honor of Julie's new last name :). I put together a "design your own french toast" buffet that was yummy and fun! The rest of the evening we just hung out in the fort telling stories and playing games. It was completely relaxed and tons of fun! I'm sure it will not be the last of the Fort Fridays. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment