A few years ago a guy started to pursue me...I mean, really pursue me. It was the first time in my life that had ever happened and I was completely swept off my feet. Sometimes I'll stop and remember how amazing that small moment of time was...I was so high on cloud 9 that I couldn't even see the ground from where I was floating. It was magical...for a short period of time...and in the end it wasn't at all what it had seemed to be. Once the challenge of the pursuit was over...everything else pretty much fizzled right along with it. I don't say that in a bitter or negative way whatsoever...trust me...my heart is well intact. I'm grateful it was short lived and that God intervened. So why am I telling you this?
Well, today I began to reminiscence...and my heart remembered for a brief moment how magical it felt to be pursued and infatuated with someone. Rather than going from that moment into a deep pit of "I'm alone" despair, God stepped in and whispered...
"I'm pursuing you."
Wow. If my heart didn't swell and my feet began to float.
and He continued...
"I'm pursuing your heart. Not your appearance or your qualifications or what you have to offer to me. I will not stop pursuing you because the 'newness' wears off or because the interest fades. I know the way you were created to be loved, and therefore, that is how I pursue your heart. Not in a way that benefits me, but in a way that captivates you. You are my beloved."
Whew! Am I blushing?!
I know it may be crazy to say, but somedays I am so ridiculously giddy, so in love with my Savior, so blissfully content...that I can't imagine ever falling in love with anyone else. I wonder if there's even space left in my heart. But the truth is, my heart is not mine to give, for if it was, then I haven't given it all to the One my heart desires most.
God has a plan, and his timing is always perfect. I lack nothing in the "in-between" because I am loved beyond measure, pursued and chased after, and oh-so-completely smitten.
Looks like someone will certainly have their work cut out for them :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment