12.04.2009

Saturday, November 21

I know it seems like I skipped a day, and that's because, literally, I did. I left Nashville on Thursday, but due to the time-change, I landed in Qingdao on Friday. Thankfully my flight landed late at night (which definitely helps with the jet-lag). Lisa greeted me at the airport with a ton of enthusiasm (which I wish I had...I was just too tired and so glad to finally be done flying!). We took a taxi to her apartment and then stayed up until a little after 2am talking and watching episodes of How I Met Your Mother (because, surprisingly, by the time I got to her apartment I was wide awake and couldn’t fall asleep!). I slept from 2 until 8, and then I was wide awake yet again. I would think my body would want to sleep more than that, but I think it’s slightly “off” right now. We got up and made pumpkin waffles with apple cider syrup. Yum!! We took our time getting ready, then headed out to explore Qingdao. I took tons of pictures and when the sun began to set we headed back to meet up with Dale, Jenni & Andrew (Lisa’s brother, sister-in-law and nephew) to go out for Chinese. I can’t tell you the name of the place where we ate, but it seriously puts all Chinese food in the states to shame. Not only was in ridiculously good, it was soooo cheap! Dale and Andrew needed a haircut, so after dinner we stopped at a barber shop. Andrew was not any too excited about it, but I think in the end he didn’t mind too much (as you can see in the picture). It was a perfect first day in China....relaxing and fun!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Qingdao
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...