
Today was yet another perfect day in Colorado. We slept in (a requirement for vacation :)), ate breakfast at the cabin and then headed back out to Rocky Mountain National Park for the third day in a row. This time we stopped at Glacier Gorge and hiked up to Alberta Falls. Due to last weekend's 18" of snow, the trails were pretty slick and the waterfall was half frozen, but it was still just as beautiful and really fun to see.
After we returned from our hike, we took off for downtown Boulder. On our way we stopped at a quaint little coffee shop in Lyons that a friend recommended. Great coffee!


We were so excited to be in Boulder for the final night of the Warren Miller Dynasty film! We bought our tickets as soon as we got there, and I'm pretty sure we were lucky to get them considering the show ended up being completely sold out. We even got a free lift ticket to Copper, Steamboat or Winterpark (I'm thinking another trip out west is in my near future! :))! The film was nothing short of amazing and made me embarrassed to even call myself a skier in comparison to what those guys are able to do. Unreal. Definitely made me 1. not want to leave Colorado, and 2. got me excited about unpacking my skis!This has been such a fantastic vacation and, as always, I'm not ready to head home. I'm incredibly grateful for how much we've been able to do in such a short amount of time. Feels like I've been here for a week! Sadly, all good things must come to an end...


No comments:
Post a Comment