
Last night I was able to see an amazing performance of Wicked at TPAC. Our seats were fantastic, as was the show itself. No, actually, I take that back. The show was more than fantastic...it was flat out amazing! I'm embarrassed to admit that I almost cried from sheer excitement (but don't worry, I was able to contain myself :))! Galinda and Elphaba were incredible. They were hilarious, talented and ohmyword could they sing! When Elphaba sang Defying Gravity at the end of the first half...the audience went wild! I honestly wish I could go back and watch it again, every night, while it's here. It was THAT good. We even had a few from our crew that had seen it in various locations before and said that last night's performance was the best they had seen. I'm pretty sure it's just one of those shows that is so well written, it's always a huge success.

I wanted to review a product that has changed my life. Okay, maybe not my "life", but certainly my hair! Recently I was talking with my stylist about those people that have gorgeous hair and yet when you ask them their "trick" to great hair, their response is that they hardly wash it! I could never figure out how on earth they do it....considering that my hair would look greasy and nasty if I didn't wash it every day. My stylist told me that our hair is meant to produce oils to keep it moisturized, but because we wash it so much, it overproduces oils to compensate for being stripped of them. She said that the less you wash your hair, eventually the less it produces oil on the "off" days. Makes perfect sense...but how do you get through the first month of nasty off days when you can't wear a baseball cap to work?? That's where this amazing product comes in. This is a dry shampoo. Now, they make several different types/brands of dry shampoo, but after trying a few, I finally can put my "stamp of approval" on this one (as if my approval counts for anything...haha). I tried the aerosol type of dry shampoo, and not only was it waaaay too strong in scent and hard to control, the nozzle would constantly get clogged and in the end, I would never get my full money's worth out of the can.
Oscar Blandi has a lightly scented powder that I have found to be just what I was looking for. It's taken me a few times using it to figure out the right amount to use and how to get it rubbed in, but once I mastered that, it's been a hair-saver. The scent isn't even noticeable when it's in my hair (which is great considering the aerosol type made me feel like I took a bath in really bad perfume), and it does a great job of soaking up the natural oils at the roots, making your hair look as though it's fresh and clean. You can purchase a bottle at your nearest
Sephora or
Ulta for just $19. I know that may sound expensive, but it will last you quite a while, so in my opinion it's definitely worth it!
3 comments:
Loved Wicked when I saw it a couple of years ago. It's a great show!
Ok, thank you for the dry shampoo tip! My "plan" was to stop washing my hair everyday after Ava was born, but it's just so greasy, I never could handle it :) I will have to try this product. How often are you using it? How many days can you go with the dry shampoo?
Right now I can only go 1 day without washing my hair, but if I want to just wash it every-other-day, it works great for all the days in between! Eventually you can go longer because your hair will begin to produce less oil from not being "stripped" on a daily basis. It takes some practice tho...my roommate put too much in the first time she used it and had powder falling out of her hair all day...haha!
Post a Comment