Saturday I slept in, went for a run (have I mentioned I hate running? Ughhh. I swear this is going to be the longest 4 months of my life! Hopefully somewhere along the way I will start to enjoy this or it's just going to be torture!) and then worked around the house a bit. I baked some eggless brownies for a party (my friend Emily is allergic to eggs) and I must say that even though they were considerably "fudgier" than usual, they were really good! If you're ever needing to sub out eggs from a baked item, just use 1/4c. applesauce mixed with 1/2t. baking powder.
I met up with Christy and we drove out to Arrington Vineyards to meet up with the rest of the crew. The rain stayed away for longer than we anticipated, but eventually caught up with us and we found a table under the patio where we enjoyed the latter part of the evening. Everyone brought snacks, enjoyed the wine tasting, talked, danced, laughed...it was a great night. I enjoyed meeting some of Emily's friends that I didn't know. It was a lot of fun getting to celebrate Emily!
Today we had our "final" afternoon of sand volleyball...or so we thought. We played our first game (and won!!), so we were scheduled to play again at 5:00, but the rain decided to make it's appearance once again - this time with lightening - so the remainder of the tournament is scheduled for next Sunday. After that it's on to Thursday night court volleyball! Can't wait to be back in the gym - it's my fave!I spent the rest of the evening shopping for cars (it's that time...my car is getting up in mileage now...but I think I found something I like for a reasonable deal, so we'll see. I emailed the dealer and if they're willing to work with my request, I may be heading off to east TN this weekend. We'll see!). My roommate (who was in KY for the weekend) brought back a bag of baking apples...so this week is officially "apple baking week"! I have several recipes I'm looking forward to trying, so we'll see how many I get to! I can't wait to use the apple peeler/slicer/corer my roommate bought me for Christmas last year! Stay tuned for pictures and recipes!
P.S. I won my fantasy football match-up for the 2nd week in a row!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment