The first one I'm posting specifically for my friend Nicki who is a huge Harry Connick Jr. fan. In his newest album, "Your Songs", Harry partnered with Clive Davis to produce a cd full of well-known songs, backed by a jazz big band and string orchestra. I really don't think you can go wrong with this - it's a classic! The girls will love it...and even some guys will appreciate it!
This girl just finished touring with Five for Fighting and Sugar Ray. She has a beautiful voice, but I will say that Angel Taylor's lyrics are somewhat cheesy. If you're a fan of Colbie Callait, I think you'll like the feel of this album (sometimes cheesy lyrics are catchy, ya know?). It's not spectacular, but it is fun, light-hearted and easy to listen to.
This is David Crowder Band's 5th release, and as one review put it so perfectly, "(Church Music) is a musical journey of what it means to be close to God and desire more of his grace". It's a beautiful album, with lyrics worth really listening to and and taking in. This album is a must have. You can preview the full album here if you need any more convincing that it's worth owning.And although I mentioned these last week, yesterday they became available for purchase. Don't forget to check out David Gray's new album, "Draw the Line" and Mika's new album, "The Boy Who Knew Too Little".
There you have it! There's so much more out there worth checking out, but that's my picks for this week. Go check 'em out!

No comments:
Post a Comment