9.23.2009

Caramel Apple Strudel

The apple baking has begun. Why you ask? Because my roommate bought me a fancy-schmancy apple peeler/slicer/corer for Christmas last year and I've been waiting for "apple season" to use it! I seriously want to peel/slice/core apples all day long I love it so much!

You can find the full recipe here, but if you want the step-by-step photos (because I'm a nerd that way and really enjoy taking baking pictures)...then keep reading.

After peeling/slicing/coring the apple, chop into bite-size pieces.
Set aside.

Caramel...mmm...click on link to the recipe to find out how to make this pan of deliciousness.

After emptying caramel into a glass measuring cup, place sliced apple in same saucepan, adding in 1/4c. of the caramel sauce and 1/2t. cinnamon. Cook until tender.

And this, my friends, is what tender looks like.

Roll crescent dough onto greased cookie sheet, sealing all the seams with a fork. Spread apple mixture within 1/2" of the edge and sprinkle with chopped pecans.

Roll up, starting with the short edge. Firmly seal edges. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar mixture.

Bake 15-20min. or until deep golden brown. Cool slightly before drizzling with remaining caramel and garnishing any way you like! Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...