Tonight after work I headed over to a birthday party for one of the girls on my rec league volleyball team (that I joined through a young adult group in Brentwood). It was a cookout at her parent's house (located near the Natchez Trace bridge...some of my favorite landscape in TN) and the only person I knew at the party was Steph (the birthday girl). Of course, that didn't stop me! :) In fact, the party as a whole ended up being people that Steph knows from different parts of her life (work, college, childhood, etc.), so it was a "get-to-know-you" party for pretty much everyone involved - and so much fun! Her dad made some incredible grilled shishkibobs and corn on the cob (um...did I mention I'm from Iowa and l-o-v-e corn on the cob??) and her mom decked the tables out, served drinks and was just as sweet as can be! We started out just chatting it up with the basic questions - where do you work, how do you know each other, etc. and once we finished dinner, moved on to the game "Loaded Questions". Typically it's the kind of game that would require you to really know the other players, but it was a hilarious "get-to-know-you" game for a group that had pretty much just met! I laughed SO hard all throughout the night. At one point her mom was in such hysterics that she was literally on the floor, crying in silent laughter...and just the site of her caused most of us to completely lose it as well. I definitely laughed so hard I cried at least a couple of times throughout the night! Her mom even made up a "how well do you know Stephanie" quiz (which I figured I didn't stand a chance...I only know her from volleyball!)...and by a total stroke of lucky guesses - I won! I'd like to say it's because I have really great insight, but mostly I'm just really good at guessing :). It was a fun crew, a fun night and I'm sure I'll be seeing more of them. Don't you love it when you meet just one person and all of the sudden you now know 8 more?This weekend I'm going canoeing with Steph and Nick (one of the guys from my volleyball team) and a whole load of people that I also don't know. You never know what friends I've yet to meet! It's gonna be great!

No comments:
Post a Comment