
After I got off work I headed up to Green Hills for my chiropractic appointment. I'm one of those people that goes to the chiropractor once a month and will probably continue the rest of my life. I'm telling you - it's worth it! Even though I workout every day, hydrate and stretch...I seem to be one of those people that injures myself unknowingly... pulling a muscle here or there. For instance, I went on a long hike the other day and somehow have a knotted muscle in my foot that is pretty uncomfortable. Sure enough, my chiro just popped my toes back into place, adjusted my foot to re-align the muscle, massaged it a bit - and it is already 10x better! I just have to ice it up for the next few days and I'll be good as new :).So, after my wonderful chiropractic therapy, I quickly headed home to finish up dinner. I had marinated the pork tenderloin last night and made the caesar dressing, but that still left the croutons, garlic bread, asparagus and molten cakes. Plus, I needed to create a centerpiece, set the table, clean the kitchen up, tidy up the house and change clothes. I mean, my girlfriends wouldn't care if I looked a ragged mess with flour on my nose, but regardless of the company, guests are guests and I wanted everything to be presentable. I would say "perfect", but I let that idea go a long time ago :). I wasn't a fan of the caesar dressing...I think I used a little too much lemon this time. The pork was fantastic - loved the marinade, and the oven roasted asparagus will easily be my new favorite vegetable. The garlic bread is always a hit, but I'm thinking I could play with it and find a way to make it a bit "lighter", and the chocolate cakes went over well even though, in my opinion, I over-cooked them a little. You can't help but be your own worst critic when it comes to these things...but I'm not beating myself up about it - just making mental notes for the next time.
The rest of the evening we sat around the table sharing stories, laughing a whole heckofalot and just thoroughly enjoying each other's company. We finally moved the conversation to the couch and were in the midst of quite an interesting topic when I got up to get some more water and noticed something notsogreat. I don't even know why it caught my eye tonight and not once in the past 15 months, but regardless, I'm glad it didn't go unnoticed for another 15 months! Jenn helped me pull out the fridge to check my suspicions...and sure enough, we found this...
Lucky me.I have owned 2 homes, both with hardwood floors - one built in the 80's, one built last year. Apparently water damage has no preference and follows me wherever I go. Ugh! I wish I could say I'm a handy-girl and could just rip out the small portion that's damaged (although I can't even begin to think about subfloor issues that may be there...or, heaven forbid...mold), but instead, I'm going to be calling my insurance agent tomorrow and going that route. Meanwhile my fridge is in the middle of the kitchen, driving me crazy. Ah well, what do you do, right? Such is life. These things happen and are minor in the scheme of things. I'm just thinking my lesson to be learned is that as much as I love hardwoods, it's time to give up and just embrace ceramic floors. What fun would it be to be a homeowner without a project?!
I keep trying to convince myself of that...but so far it's not working.

No comments:
Post a Comment