4.20.2009

When I wasn't baking...

I just glanced over my blog and it dawned on me that it may appear that I spend all my free time in the kitchen, surrounded by food and a camera! So, just to nip any crazy "kitchen lady" stories in the bud (you know, similar to the crazy "cat lady" type stories), I thought I'd fill you in on the rest of my weekend.

Friday night was just one of those "let's be lazy" kind of nights, so my friend & I hit the movie theater and (don't laugh!) saw the movie "17 Again". I didn't have any expectations for it, other than it was the only movie that wasn't going to require a whole lotta focus, and that's what I was going for. I am not even joking when I say it was hilarious! Not, by any means, the funniest movie I've ever seen, but I laughed a lot! I think I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to movies, and this one was just heart-warming, cute and funny. I would never in a million years make a guy go see it, but girls - you'd love it.

After chatting it up with my friend after the movie and eventually heading home, I stayed up until around 4am. Sometimes (although rarely) I have nights where ideas just keep popping into my head and I have to write them down. Those nights happen so few and far between that I can't just dismiss it when it happens. I have to get it all on paper before I forget! I caught up with a friend I hadn't talked to in a while and when my eyelids finally started to waiver, I called it a night.

Amazingly enough, I only slept until 9:30 or so before getting up and tackling my car. My car was a disaster and driving me nutty! I had blankets upon blankets from drive-in movie nights, skis, ski boots and ski apparel (all in one enormous bag), rock-climbing shoes, volleyballs, frisbees, you name it - tons and tons of stuff all piled in the back. It actually didn't take me all that long to clean it out, but I must say it feels so good to open the back and only have to deal with catching falling volleyballs. I was going to take it for a good interior/exterior detailing, but the forecast called for rain on Sunday, so I didn't want to waste a good wash. Once the car was finished I headed inside to get ready for the day and run some errands. By the time all that was finished, I swung by to pick up a few friends and head out to Arrington Vineyards for Stacey's birthday party. It was a gorgeous night, an even more beautiful setting, soft jazz playing in the background and friends everywhere. We had a great time just enjoying each other's company. I had fun playing around with my camera - in fact, I took 129 photos that night! I'll spare you all of those and just share a few of my favorites...

View of the vineyards.
Still very small and a long way to go - but what about that view?! Beautiful.


Stacey, the birthday girl, holding Emerson, the little girl she nannies.

A few members of Stacey's family

Danielle - Emerson & James' mom

Ken - Emerson & James' dad

James, little boy Stacey nannies


Saturday night I was up late once again - this time, downloading the pictures from the night and uploading them onto facebook for everybody, etc., etc. Sunday I slept in a little bit and headed to late service, enjoyed a great Sunday lunch with Stacey afterwards and made a quick grocery run for Funky Monkey pie ingredients. I quickly got to work on that and while it continued to freeze between layers, headed to downtown Nashville to play pool and shuffle board with a few friends at Buffalo Billiards. Before we knew it, it was 11:00 and time for all of us to head home and crash before starting another work-week. First, I had to finish Funky Monkey and take a few pictures...but after finishing that up, I called it a night and hit the sack.

A weekend well-spent, as it should be!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...