
Friday night I met up with a few friends to catch a showing of I Love You, Man. It's definitely not a movie for everyone - being that it's pretty crass and has some language, but I have to be honest in saying, that aside, it was pretty funny! Had a whole lotta laugh-out-loud moments for sure! After the movie we headed over to Omikoshi for some hibachi grill fun. Mmm!
Saturday I slept in and met up with friends to head out to Leiper's Fork. We had lunch at one of my favorite places...Puckett's Grocery. We wandered around the town for a little bit - exploring the shops, checking out the old cars, and taking pictures of everything (just me, really). From there we took off with all the windows down and the sunroof open and explored the countryside. We drove by one house and couldn't help but take a picture because other than it being 2009, it could have been a photograph from long ago. In fact, here it is:
Crazy, huh? We also saw another house that had my name written all over it. It just begged me to go buy my Old Gringo boots and run out to the barn to jump on a horse.
Sigh. Yes, please.After driving to our hearts' content, we headed out to the Natchez Trace for some hiking! We laughed and laughed and laughed...oh my word. At one point I could hardly breathe I was laughing so hard! I think we double our caloric burn by laughing while hiking. You really should try it! The hike ended at a little creek and it just begged us to take off our shoes and socks and splash around a while. It was a bit chilly, but totally worth it!
We couldn't get Puckett's ice cream off our brains, so on our way out we stopped for another stroll through Leiper's Fork. We got our ice cream, sat on the rocking chairs, watched people, talked, laughed, gave a charming older couple directions to a cajun restaurant out in the boonies, played the spinning game with a tree branch - except up in the air rather than down on the ground (almost made James sick), and after a long afternoon of child-like fun, decided it was time to head out to our next location. We piled back in the car, turned on some Chantel Kreviachuk and sang our way back to Franklin.
An evening in Franklin just wouldn't be right without stopping at my all-time favorite store, Bink's Outfitters. They even offered me a job! I seriously would work 2 jobs just to get a discount at Bink's. It would be worth it!! James bought a new pair of North Face swim trunks, Emily bought a green stocking cap on sale. I walked away without a purchase...that's always a huge feat for me when it comes to that store :). We looked like such tourists in our hiking clothes and backpacks, but decided to head across the street to the Red Pony for dinner anyway. Definitely classier than we were dressed for, but who cares! I had some kind of pork tenderloin that was seriously a-maz-ing! I love meat, what can I say?
A quick stop at Moxi's on our way back to my house (I know...it seriously sounds like we ate more than anything else...but it was just a little bit here-and-there, I swear! :)), and finished off the night laying on my living room floor playing cards, talking, laughing, trying yoga stretches (hence the laughing!) and finally called it a night 12 hours from when we had begun. Talk about a perfect day!

1 comment:
i love the red pony - we ate there on my birthday... mmm, your day looks like so much fun!!!!
Post a Comment